Snow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmhand

Reaction score
The dogs loved it.

Snow1-1-08032Small.jpg

Snow1-1-08034Small.jpg

Snow1-1-08030Small.jpg

Snow1-1-08022Small.jpg

Snow1-1-08004Small.jpg

Snow1-1-08001Small.jpg

Snow1-1-08007Small.jpg

We only got about 12" here in the center of the state...my lab loves it...my mix hates it....he can't poop or pee! He isn't very tall, his back is a couple inches below my knee..his "you know what" drags in the snow...so peeing is a problem...when he tries to squat his bum touches the snow and totally freaks him out...it's actually quite funny to watch him try to go. We snowblowed an area in the yard for him to go in, but wouldn't you know it...he doesn't want to go there! He has resorted to peeing in the driveway...along the snowbanks...I gave him permission to poo in the driveway, but he doesn't get it
default_biggrin.png
! This dog also hates the cold...if it's below 20degrees in the am when you let him out he stands at the door shivering and crying to come in and when you let him in, he heads straight for the register and lays on top of it. In the summer, it could be 95 out and he will lay on the blacktop in the driveway
default_new_shocked.gif
, I've never seen a dog do that. He is a rescue and we got him when he was about a year old...his whole life before we got him was as an outdoor dog, so it really doesn't make sense, he has a thick coat...and he kinda looks like a hunting dog so it's funny to see him act so sissy over the cold. He will occasionally play in the snow banks with the lab, but it doesn't last too long.

When I got up this am, it was 3 degrees! Yuck...they are saying 50 and rain next week, that's going to be a heck of a mess!

Thanks for sharing pics...

Oh how NEAT!!!! Is that a little chicken in the fifth picture?
default_aktion033.gif
Dogs are such goofballs in the snow and your's are having such a great time! I don't want the snow right about now.....but I have to say it looks beautiful in pictures. I must admit tho if we relocated to a place where there was not snow like that, I know I'd really miss it.

Oh how NEAT!!!! Is that a little chicken in the fifth picture?
default_aktion033.gif
Dogs are such goofballs in the snow and your's are having such a great time! I don't want the snow right about now.....but I have to say it looks beautiful in pictures. I must admit tho if we relocated to a place where there was not snow like that, I know I'd really miss it.
default_biggrin.png
LOL, no that's one of our Miniature Schnauzer's

I made a path with the tractor for them.
default_wink.png

OOohhhhh
default_oops.gif
...I'm sorry!!! I did'nt realize it was one of your littler ones!! I just asked hubby to tell me what he thought it was....yep...he guessed a little head and ears. Well chicken or Schnauzer...it's awfully CUTE!!!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful snow! I have to admit I was wondering what that chicken was doing out in all that snow!!
default_biggrin.png

But now that I go back and look I can see it's the little one's face and ears. :DOH!

Latest posts

Back