SNOW SNOW SNOW MY POOR HORSES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please be careful
default_no.gif

what awful weather

Move to NJ our farm is for sale
default_biggrin.png

Seriously please be careful

Well, after 5 hours of plowing just a tractor trail, I was able to get to all of my horses and get them fed.
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif

The farmer is so busy today plowing other farms, that he will not be here until tomorrow. The drifts between the horse paddocks where 3' to 5' deep with no where to put all of the snow. Tomorrow I am hoping that the farmer will get here early so that I can get all of the gates open (of course big drifts on each side of each gate). I want to get into the paddock areas to plow better paths to the automatic waterers.

Still have one dog kennel that I could not get to. Their pen is 14 x 10 outside and 6 x 10 inside. I will try and get that one open tomorrow. That one has 5 to 6 feet of snow in the whole kennel. Hope the farmer will help me dig it out.

It is not even winter yet. Sure hope we do not see this kind of snow again this year!
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Thanks for all of the offers to move to your state. I am from Connecticut so do not want to move East again. Besides, if I go to Texas, I will be only about 2 hours from the World Show.
default_biggrin.png
Plus I would then be close to my younger daughter and her 3 boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap...sitting here watching the weather forecast and we are supposed to get more snow Wednesday or Thursday, another 4 to 6 inches or perhaps more.
default_new_shocked.gif
GOD I HATE THIS STATE!!

This last snow storm was the 5th worst storm we have ever had in all the years they have been taking records. I think God is trying to tell me something.

I'm sure you'd rather be warm than admired right now Sue, but I have to say - you are the definition of a dedicated owner! I am glad you have a calling plan in place now. I hope the worst is over for you, and it'll surely make me think twice about complaining the next time my toes go numb here.

For anyone that's curious, here's the video of Minnesota's Metrodome caving:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Unbelievable-video-of-Metrodome-collapse-from-in?urn=nfl-294816

Eesh!

Sounds wicked. I saw the Metro Dome snow problem. We always have terrible winters but I think you have us beat this year
default_yes.gif

Chin up, you will look back on this a laugh
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Have t-shirt made....I survived December 2010
default_wink.png

Per the news here we got 23". another 2 to 4 this week. Still waiting for somebody to plow our driveway, I hate unreliable people.

The Metrodome has caved a few times before-so nothing too unusual, but I'm glad no one got hurt when it happened. My boyfriend was upset he didn't get to watch a Vikings game today
default_rolleyes.gif

I am hoping the people in the areas where it 50 below are staying warm and safe and all of their animals are warm and safe as well. It's only been 20 below here the past couple days which is not too bad-once it drops below zero, it all feels the same! But, colder than 40 below and even layers and layers don't do any good. Even the colleges here close shop when it gets to 40 below and the colleges around here NEVER cancel (except for flooding every spring).

Stay warm and safe my Minnesota friends!

Sue, if you ever need any help with the horses and dogs or anything call me!! I am done with school this wednesday and I can always try and work something out at work if you need my help!! I'm only a phone call away!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back