Snake People?!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Mare

Reaction score
Okay, so I am on the search for other members whom own snakes..

I know they are normally a threat to us, but what about those who love them?!

Between my Girlfriend and I we own:

-2 Green Tree Pythons, Zajonc and Sniper

-1 Burmese Python, Dagger

-1 Cent. American Boa, Adler

-1 Col. Red Tail Boa, Ryan-Crusher

-1 P. Milksnake, Mesmer

-1 Cornsnake, Asch

-1 S. FL Kingsnake, Koffka

-1 Jungle X Carpet Python, Charcot

-1 BRB, Panama

....and of course many, many more to come and perhaps many breedings to witness!

~Post your stories and photos.. I know Angela and I will LOVE them!

default_biggrin.png
I don't have any pics, until about 2 years ago I was camera illiterate. LOL. I don't have any now, becuase I had to make sacrafices for my husband to marry me......... :DOH! He said, if the snakes don't go, I will. I kept all the other reps for a while Ok......I keep telling him I made a mistake.
default_yes.gif
LOL. So, I have had:

Yama, an African Rock Python (she was 16 feet when I sold her)

Ghost, an Albino Burmese Python (he was 9ft )

Tread, a patternless green Burmese (a baby, he was 4 ft)

Rosie, a mexican Rosy boa ( 2 feet)

I also had for many years (and got tired of dealing with all the constant enclosure cleanings so I got rid of them and also wanted more room in my house):

2 salcutta torts (Kenny and Millie) had them for 8 or 9 years from hatchlings

1 honduran wood turtle (Myrtle) had her for 15 years

1 pancake tort (flat stanley) 1 year, he died from a shell infection that he had when I got him

lots of leopard geckos, a desert horned lizard and a sandfish (type of skink).

Also, my favorite of all, my goliath bird eater and my mexican red leg tarantulas. I ahd them since I was a kid, and Charlotte, the red leg died of old age (we think) I had her almost 20 years and Runt, the Bird eater had a bad accident...... he got out, and my ignoramous roomate got scared and threw a book at him.
default_no.gif

So, sorry you asked????

Neat thread, thanks!

Did you say snake
default_crybaby.gif
default_bye-sad.gif
default_unsure.png
default_new_shocked.gif

I have a phobia of snakes, big ...little ...dead ...alive. However, i have the oddest fascination with them that i cannot explaine. They send chills down my back but i can never turn the channel when those crazy guys are on animal planet hunting down something that can kill them in an instant.

I'd actually love to see pics of you snakes, just give me a warning so i can brace myself
default_unsure.png

I've always wanted a snake! But the idea of one getting loose and getting into mom's bed always made them off-limits! However, I have had a number of lizards:

a zillion anoles

a number of water dragons (my favorites)

a baslisk

some White's tree frogs

and, darn, my mind's failing me- but I know there have been more!

Reptiles were my first love before horses
default_wub.png

Oh- and I currently have a lepard gecko, Ned
default_yes.gif

Just remembered: Had a skink at one point too!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked with snakes and various other reptiles in a pet store as a kid and have wanted one since then. I think I'd go with a corn snake in some pretty variation. I'd also love to have a Leopard Gecko, or two... oh, and maybe a...
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Garder snake a few years ago...does that count? And I used to collect Horned Toads (we called them Horney Toads) back when I lived in CA. We have skinks around here....and Gopher snakes that like to hang out. I love to look at Geckos!! I don't have any pics tho.....

I just wanted to say.............

Hi Michelle!
default_saludando.gif
I'm glad to see you!
default_yes.gif

I've never had a snake, but we had a little green Iguana named Louie.

He grew up to be a very big green Iguana....6 1/2 feet long!

113_1341.jpg

113_1349.jpg

I have a corn snake named Scratch - My husband purchased him for my son but my son is NOT a snake person so Scratch has become mine!
default_wub.png

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back