Slow Feeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini~Madness

Reaction score
I thought there was a topic already about this, however I seem to be unable to find it. lol -

I was wondering if anyone used slow feeders and which ones you recommend.

I do appreciate the info in advance! Thank you:)

Ironically, I was looking for the same post yesterday and did a search on the net for the full page chart and reviews that was shared by one of the members with a link. I just ordered 5 of the freedom feeders, the small mini hay nets and will try them. Good reviews... Smartpak has them for 27.95 each but they ship for free if you order over $50.00. The company itself charges $27.00 each. These smaller nets hold 15lbs. each and should do what I need .... I should have them next week. I have 3 seperate drylots.

Check out the Freedom Feeder website.

I have a Busy Snacker, which holds about 1 pound of hay, or just enough for one mini in their stall on at a show. Love it!

Busy snackers for us here too....My 2 minis are on their website ;) Love them and very durable.

Angie

I just purchased the Busy Snacker last week. I bought three of the smaller size and you get one free when you by 3. I figured I'd get the 4th one the same as what I ordered. Nope, it's the more "full size" one. We're going to try it anyway.

I put one up to see how it went with one of my two year olds alone in the stall. She was hesitant at first. I pulled some hay through the holes to show her that it was okay and the she was fine.

Unfortunately, when I opened the stall up to see how the others responded, my three year old was almost immediately able to pull it off it's hook and on to the ground. I put it away until I could get a closed ring and double ended snap hook. Hope to put them up again today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back