Six-in-hand

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSharpRanch

Reaction score
I shared this on the driving forum and thought I would share here too! I am so excited that I am accomplishing this goal!

I started single driving and always wished to do a team. My first attempt was a pony/mini tandem. Oh boy was that fun!

Then life got in the way as it seems to do and I just rodey big horse and drive a little, training a steer to drive in the between. Then the desire to drive a team hit again when I purchased my circus cart. It took some doing but between Hubby and I we figured out a harness and set up to drive the circus cart with a pair.

Tjen a friend of mine passed away and left me his team wagon and harness. It was bittersweet, I had a real team vehicle and harness but at the expense of loosing a friend.

So a pair was born. Then last year I added a second pair to make a four-up. I made the second set of harness to match.

Now I have added a third team to make a six-up! Oh my, how challenging this is to drive. I am really enjoying the challenge and am looking forward to showing at the horseshoe next year! And maybe a few parades too.

I have a couple videos on Youtube from a couple of the begining drives, very representative of the challenges I am facing. Just go over to the driving forum for the links!

Wow that is so cool!! Thanks for sharing, looks like a lot of fun!!!
default_smile.png
I bet it took some practice driving 6!!!!

Misty's Mom, I am learning along with the team. We have four drives on us at the moment. I was going to drive this a.m., however my assistant had to go do a job. No driving the six without someone to at least watch and be there to help should things head south. It is still way too hot tonight. I'm hoping that it will not be too hot in the morning so I can get drive five down. I want to practice weaving and guiding for them and me.

Thank you Debby for attaching the video, I just do not know how to do that.

And yes, it is a whole lot of fun to drive, but you really need to stay on your toes while driving. There is now relaxing until everyone is unhitched and tied to the rail.

Back