Silver,Grey&Champ testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaymom

Reaction score
Many of you may already know... but I talked to University of California, Davis this morning concerning a color report and was told some interesting news...that was new to me. Maybe to some of you also.

I was told that Sweden has found the grey and silver gene and will probably have a test available for them by this time next year. Also, Davis is at the point of announcing that they have found the Champagne gene and will also probably have a test for it by this time next year.

I think this will help us all with the wonderfull world of miniature colors. lol

Just sharing.

Thanks

WOW that would be great since the silver and champagne gene seem to be 2 of the most commonly confused colors. Cant wait

Yes I knew they have found the chromosome champagne is located on.

But champagne is not that hard to identify, just sometimes a silver/dun something mix can look like it, but champagne has to have a champagne parent,a nd has some typical treats.

But a silver test would be so great, and so would grey! :aktion033:

Now we only need one for dun.
default_yes.gif
:

I heard that they have isolated(SP) the chormozone(SP) that the champagne gene is on, and now they just have to find the gene (or visa versa) I think that is how I heard it! I got so excited when I heard that news!!

Gage Carlsen

Latest posts

Back