Silly Things People Say About Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrah

Reaction score
I feel bad for my fiance Kody, being non-horsey he has had to put up with a lot of horse stuff! But he tries really hard to learn what he can so that he can at least join in conversations I have with my horse buddies. A few months ago I was working my Miniature gelding, Cinnabar (now sold) who was still really new to driving. We had a blow up where Cinnabar who was feeling quite fresh, took off bucking for a few strides. I told Kody that Cinnabar was still really green and prone to act up.

Well, fast forward a few months later when I am out at the barn watching another friend ride her well broke 10 year old QH. The wind picks up a bit and her horse is feeling good so he kicks up his heels and broncs a little bit. Kody pipes up and yells accross the arena "He's feeling green sisn't he?!"
default_rolleyes.gif
Apparently when I told Kody Cinnabar was green, he thought it meant that when a horse is hyper and acts up, that its feeling green!! I had to explain to Kody that it meant a horse that was inexperienced and was acting out due to confusion ect, and that riders refer to this as a green or green broke horse. Kody was terribly embarrassed and didn't want to come see the horses for a long while after that
default_no.gif

Do any of you have any stories of something you, or somebody else said that was silly about horses?

My then 12 year old nephew was brushing my 16.3 hand mare, and he was talking to her all private and mushy... (I was cleaning stalls at the time) I heard him say to her "Your such a gelding", and he kissed her on the nose. LOL. I said, why did you call her a gelding? he replied, "I don't know, I thought it meant she was "a beauty". he is non horsey, and only comes to the barn once in a while. He must have heard me call my mini's geldings (they are) and he knows I think they are cute, so he must have put two and two together. LOL. Now, I always tell my mare she's such a gelding, and I know Miss Em just rolls her eyes at me.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, perhaps this is a bit risque' but it's my favorite story: A friend of mine, Kim, was very new to horses when her husband bought her a nice, calm QH gelding. She had him in the crossties, grooming him and talking to him when he got really comfortable and dropped his "willy". He then proceeded to wag it back and forth when Ann, the trainer, happened by. Kim asked Ann what her horse was doing, and, thoroughly embarassed
default_blush.png
, Ann replied, "He's swatting flies."

So if anybody asks: they're swatting flies.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back