Shows around MI, IN, OH

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MySweetElegance

Reaction score
anyone know of any shows I could attend next year with Elegance? I cant show amature (cause i give lessons with my big horse) so either open or shows that they allow professionals

thank you for your time

anyone
default_sad.png

There are alot of shows in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan so you are lucky. I will list a few here and you can also go to the ASPC/AMHR website under their events and it will list all shows applied for and the location of them.

Starting in April there is a new show and it is 3 judges. Held at Hoosier Horse Park in Edinburg, Indiana

May 31 there is a show in Ionia, Michigan I believe it is 2 judges

June 7 Greenville, Ohio 3 judges

June 13,14,15 National Area 2 show held in Ashland Ohio. This is a great location and a fun show

June 28 Greenville Ohio 3 judges

July 12 Urbana, Ohio 3 judges.

July not sure of the dates is the World Show held at the Ohio State Fairgrounds in Columbus, Ohio

August Also not sure of the dates yet but the Darke County Fair. The paybacks are really good here.

These are just some of the dates that I have as of right now. There are usually several other shows in Midland Michigan I just don't have those dates.

Arlene

The Blue Water club has a show in August, and there's also one in June or July, both in Midland, MI. Great grounds, good area. www.BWMHC.COM is the link

Next year looks like it is going to be a busy year here in Area II
default_yes.gif

Basically what Arlene said, keep an eye on the events page on the amhr/aspc website. I beleive they actually already have some shows updated on their list for 2008.

Keep an eye on http://www.shetlandminiaturearea2.com/ to
default_smile.png

Hope to see you around
default_saludando.gif

Don't forget that southern Ontario is in Area II, also! We have three AMHR shows coming up next year. The first one is July 19 at Guelph (about two hours from the border) and it will have three judges; then August 10th or so (whatever the closest Saturday to that is) at the Drayton Fair (maybe 3 hours from the border?) and it'll have one judge; and last but certainly not least is the Hanover Fair on Aug. 19 with one judge (I think it's a couple hours from the border, too). For details about the show, please visit the Miniature Horse Club of Ontario website at www.mhco.ca . You'll find a complete list of shows in Ontario on the Calendar page.

To cross the border with your horse, all you need is a negative Coggins and health papers that must be signed by your local vet AND the federal vet, but you don't need to see a vet at the border. It's dead easy!

Here are dates for Mid America Club AMHA shows:

Dates for our club’s 2008 shows will be as follows:

Silver Jubilee…..1st weekend in June - Springfield, OH

Jambalaya……..June 28 & 29, Hoosier Horse Park, Franklin, Indiana

Julep Cup…….July 14, 15, 16, Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, Kentucky

2008 Eastern Championship Show will be in North Carolina, so the Springfield facility should be available on August 15, 16 & 17 for a new club show. There was much discussion on this…what classes we would offer, how many judges, etc. This will be discussed more at our January meeting.

again thank you i will have to see what ones i can go to i only have so many vacation days and im already using two when i goto chicago with a friend but i hope to see some of you at the shows and meet new friends
default_aktion033.gif

The Blue Water Miniature Horse Club will hold it's AMHR sanctioned show in Midland, MI on August 2 & 3. This is a 2 judge show.

I don't know where you live in Michigan but our club also holds 3 fun shows at Blue Moon MIniatures in Emmett, MI. They are open to everyone. You don't have to be a member of our club to participate. We have a lot of fun. They are tentatively scheduled for July, August & September and are held on Sundays.

Look forward to seeing you at the shows next year.

Tammie~

The Western Michigan Miniature Horse Club (WMMHC) will have it's annual show on May 31 and June 1, 2008 at the Ionia County Fairgrounds in Ionia, Michigan. There will be 2 judges, lots of open, amateur and youth classes, plus Classic Shetland classes. It's always a good time!

Latest posts

Back