Showing PtHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedeh

Reaction score
We had our first OPtHA 6 judge Pinto show last weekend. It was so much fun! I love the diversity of horses you get to see. Pinto added Utility horses such as Gypsy Vanners to their registry and we had our first ones at this show. Had to get a picture with the big boy! It was my first show driving my 4 yo gelding Danny. I was nervous but he did just fine and the judges liked him. He's going to be an awesome all-around horse. Anyway, here's a pic of him and the Gypsy Vanner.

100_7545.jpg

100_7544.jpg

The other thing that's great about showing PtHA is all the great people you meet and friends you make. Judges have commented on how much they like seeing how the mini people support and help each other. We just like to have fun! From right to left here are my friends Diane(Minxies mom) then Joni and then myself. We're kind of the ladies hat club because we like to wear fancy hats.
default_smile.png
Diane actually creates the most beautiful hats!

100_7498.jpg

I wish the pictures were big enough to really see! You guys look great from what I can tell. A few CDE friends of mine stopped by the R show in Eugene then headed up to the Pinto show and I told them to say hi to Diane if they saw her. Wonder if they did?

Leia

I agree we had a blast when we showed one here but unfortunately the club disbanded and they are no longer doing that show
default_sad.png

One of MANY things I like about Pinto is the diversity of the horses. Thanks for the reminder about the new division for Utility horses. Our first show is in less than 2 weeks and I hope to be there. And then there is the diversity in the CLASSES, and the emphasis on versatile horses and how much fun everyone has. Notice no one said anything about color....

default_yes.gif
Pinto is great! I love the shows, how friendly everyone is, and its fun! The best part is, all the judges judge a little differently and look for different things...you dont know whos going to come out in the blues.

Mary- Hope to see you at the pinto show May 15th.

Hope to see you at the pinto show at falls creek , I will have Galahad for Judy. Are you going to Missy show and doing the pinto classes on May 29th?

Keeping fingers crossed that we can actually show this year, as many pinto shows (including Missy's) as we can.

Forgot to mention another great thing about Pinto is the Pinto pays program, where you can win MONEY for the points you earn at local shows. So show in as many classes as you can!!!

Mary....do you know if the color classes count for Pinto pays? So many of the show don't count the color classes for hi-pt awards so we weren't sure if they were going to count for Pinto Pays. It always seemed silly to me that a "color" breed show didn't reward color better!

BTW I was corrected about the big horse in the picture. He is actually a "Drum" horse that was registered Pinto before they decided that Drum horses were draft and aren't going to be included in the new Utility division...because they aren't ridden!
default_smile.png
Tell that to his owner!

I believe the color classes DO count for Pinto Pays but I think there is something (besides Legion and Supreme) where they DON'T count. I haven't paid much attention because I have not entered any of our minis in the Pinto Pays program. I have enough bad luck when I pre-enter shows, so I don't do that any more either.

Ditto Sedeh on how much fun we had. Leia-nobody said they came from the R show, so maybe they didn't find me. I think this picture of Sandy's shows the hats a little better. This horse that I have is Scott Creek A Patch E. Still have some work to do sculpting his neck down, but for my first show with him, I was very happy. We held our own in most classes, even getting one 1st in Pleasure driving. Had a great jumping class, having a 4-way jump-off for second. Had to go to the timed jump-off against a teenager who ran clean and 17 seconds, me-clean and 20 seconds! Thought I was going to die, but got third!

229596_1702310357659_1234969228_1432660_4201946_n.jpg

Diane, it was Anne Craig. Too bad- I told her to send hugs from Turbo to Patchy!

targetsmom said:
One of MANY things I like about Pinto is the diversity of the horses. ... And then there is the diversity in the CLASSES, and the emphasis on versatile horses and how much fun everyone has. Notice no one said anything about color....
Oh, shush! LOL. Nobody said anything about color because it's sort of assumed you have to have it to be there. I'd switch to Pinto shows in a heartbeat if it didn't mean I'd have to leave both my current horses at home....

Glad you guys continue to share your adventures. I really enjoy the stories and pictures.

Leia

Actually, you don't have to have color now, at least for the New England shows. There will be classes and divisions for Breeding Stock minis, but you do still have to have some pinto characteristics (blue eyes, socks, striped hooves, not sure what else might qualify).

That is really cool . I like to hear that people are going to the pinto shows . We are showing pinto this year now that I have a pinto mini ready to show. I can't wait our 1st show is the 28th in Pa. I didn't know that the pinto pays program would count with open shows is that with pac points .I would like to know more I didn't sign up this year because they said it didn't count with the open and I was afraid I wouldn't make it to enough pinto shows to make it worth it. thanks for any info.......
default_rolleyes.gif

Wheeler- Some folks from PA come to our New England Pinto shows and we would love to see you there too! I think any official PINTO show points will count, and some of the mini shows in New England this year have added Pinto pointed classes (i.e. they are approved Pinto shows).

It will be interesting to see how the Pinto Pays program works out and maybe it will be even MORE popular in 2012. I don't think it would pay to enroll a Breeding Stock mini (or even an Amateur) because they will compete for money against the "big" horses, but for Open Minis, I think it is a deal!

How do we find out about the shows? I am not sure where the schedule is? Do the horses have to be registered pinto first? Thanks for sharing!

Show and registration information is available at www.pinto.org. Horses do have to be registered with PtHA (sorry Leia) but they don't have to have lots of white. Check the registration requirements carefully for color and breeding stock. Minis are not separated by "type" at this time. Not all shows will offer classes for breeding stock minis, but most probably offer breeding stock halter. Shows are listed by state.

We signed Galahad up for the pinto point program, thats why we are going to all the NEPinto shows and Missy shows will also have pinto classes, so doing her shows, so we can get more points. NEMHS was going to add pinto classes, but didn't, so probably wont be going to those. Hope to get him as many pinto points as we can , so can get good payback..

I'm doing the Pinto Pays with Danny(the gelding in the pic). It will be interesting to see what the pay out is at the end of the year. This year it was only $50 to enroll your horse. I understand next year they're going to make it the same fee as the big horses which is $100. I'll let you know at the end of the year how it worked out!
default_smile.png
Sad part is at the convention they also passed a limit of 4 judges per show. We have lots of 6 judge shows right now so that puts a bit of a crimp in the amt of points you can get. I'm not sure why Pinto did this...someone said it was to push more people to the World show for bigger points. But when you live in the Northwest that's a long, expensive trip!

Great pics Sandy (and Diane). Looks like you have a fun group to show with. Wish PtHA would come back in NorCal, seems like a great option for Minis.

Well you know Michelle....we're just over the border and our Southern Oregon show is going to be 6 judges!!
default_smile.png
It's Memorial Day weekend.

Latest posts

Back