Showing in Led classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassy1

Reaction score
Been watching the Worlds over the last few days, and I am a bit curious to know if it is "normal practice" in the USA to parade your animals anti-clockwise around the ring? "Normal" here (in Australia) is clockwise.

Seems a little bit strange to me that you would have the leader between the horse and the Judge!
default_rolleyes.gif
: [SIZE=8pt] Unless, (of course) it is important for the judges to be able to see who is leading! [/SIZE]
default_wacko.png
: (Tongue firmly in cheek!)
default_unsure.png
:

Our "individual show" is also usually based on a triangle, with a walk/trot out to one point, then trot across to the second point and then trot back to the Judge, past them and halt.

I have only been in one AMHA show where we went clockwise, the rest have all been counterclockwise. And I agree with you on being bewteen the judge and the horse. When growing up and showing horses back in the 60's and 70's I was always told never get between the judge and the horse.

But because so many people in minis come from the dog world look at how dogs are shown, then look at how minis are shown. Right down to baiting the animal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back