Showgrooming

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marion 59

Reaction score
Showtime is just around the corner and I would like to know, what's in everyones show grooming box.

What products do you use, what kind of other things, like towels or brushes.....

What do you use for coat shine, muzzles, eyes, mane and tails, hoofs?

Do you swear on some products or is there anything that is not worth the money?

Any secret you want to share? :saludando:

I LOVE the MAC Wipes...just love 'em. They are like big, thick baby wipes with lotsa good stuff on 'em that helps cut through the baby oil and horsey body oil gunk that horse shows seem to just breed.

I keep one in my pocket of my show clothes for wiping the lead line in the classes, too.

They are sorta expensive, but WORTH IT.

Usually I just have baby oil (gel and the regular kind), Show Sheen, Cowboy Magic, hoof black (Ultra), maybe some clear, but usually just black, and Cowboy Magic Green Spot Remover as well. Oh, yeah, hair gel (the non yellowing kind). The spray on Nail Dryer helps to harden and refresh hoof polish after the first coat and after/between classes (it is sold in the manicure section of the stores, pretty much a dollar or two a can opposed to hoof polish dryer for about $7 at tack stores).

Oh and some clean, lint free rags for wiping things off.

Not sure I have any "secrets" really.
default_smile.png

Liz M.

I have bought them from Chimacum Tack Shack (I think their website is www.horsedriver.com if you are not in the area where they will be at your shows (The NW), and online from another place I can't remember the link for them.

They are made just for horses and very worth the investment. I do still use baby wipes for the smaller tasks, but I would rather use MACs anytime.

They sorta smell like Absorbine linament, but they work great and condition the horse's skin as well as cut through the grimy oily stuff.

Liz M.

I spend hours at Walmart's hair care isle. I have about every goop there known to man (woman).....all sorts of products and I love the gels for shine around the muzzle. Vasoline gel works real good. I also use Shapley's MTG which is greasy and stinky but seems to work for tails, cowboy magic, & show sheen. I also am never without my battery operated mustache clippers. They are perfect for inside the ears. I like baby wipes for clean ups and a roll of paper towels, a package of cheap wash rags and lots of bug spray. Corn starch works better for enhancing white socks than powder too but I don't bother with that anymore.

I love my show grooming box. When I am bored you will always find me rearranging my show grooming rubbermaid bin!

I have:

babywipes

Two mane combs

Miracle Groom

Miracle Groom Cloths

Paper Towels

Show Sheen

Laser Sheen

Pepi

Ultra Finishing Spray

Baby Oil Gel

Ultra Final Touch Shine (its like baby oil)

Cowboy Magic Spray

Cowboy Magic Conditioner and Shampoo

Absorbsine Hoof Polish (black)

Black Permanent marker

Leather Cleaner

MTG

Gel

Vet Wrap

Towels

Rags

My first aid kit is a whoooolllleeee different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much. I'll be prepared now
default_yes.gif
:

Any product that is not worth the money?

All these coat shine products, like Ultra, Pepi Showsheen... Any pro's and con's??

I heard that Showsheen will break the hair?

Latest posts

Back