Show your true roans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dona, your baby is gorgeous! Oh, I am somewhat excited now that maybe my baby will come out the same color...because the vet report for my insurance said bay roan and his mother is a roan (dad is a liver chestnut):

espritwithmom1.jpg

and of course, here is my beautiful Ally, a silver bay roan pinto:

allycart1.jpg

Lyn--i agree with ashley, isn't Cassie a bay roan?

i have 2 blue roan pintos that are full sister and brother---hoping to make a driving team from them!

jennifer
saludando.gif

I love roans, have two!

Brewers Classic Eclipse and his son Menagerie in the Spot Lite (Ernie) are roans...

87b568e5.jpg

Ernie is for sure a true blue roan.

Erniezpic2.jpg

Oliver, my stud muffin

olie2.jpg

Picture049.jpg

and Luna, his daughter from this year

ShowLetter.jpg

sorry the pick is so big
unsure.gif

Here is our stallion NFC's Candy Dandy...he's a bay roan pinto with a silver mane and tail

dancurl.jpg

This is his son Cherokee Stables Dandy Walker

walkcurl.jpg

and Dandy's other son Cherokee Stables Dandy Tucker

tuckershow.jpg

Here is a pic of one of our little 2005 fillies that I have fallen madly in love with.

She is ABC Farm Rowdy Ablazen Grace, alias "Reba".

Reba6.jpg

O.K. I am trying this picture thing again, hopefully here's "Reba"

Well, I can't get it to work so you can go to our website and check out our 2005 foal page.

Promise she is a cutie!!

WOW, a whole two pages and hardly an argument from me!!! Eclipse is a very good example of why people mistake Appy roan and Roan- he has both!! The Appy roan is affecting him and the true Roan is insisting his head and points stay darker!! Of course to really confuse everyone he also has Pinto!!!
biggrin.gif
I have never really had a problem with distinguishing so I cannot understand why people do . Perhaps it is a little different over here as Roans are not used in "Spotted" programmes and I have never heard a near Leopard described as a "roan"

We have two bay roans, one of our herdsires, a triple bred Orion/Brewers boy has thrown some beauties, including a 2004 colt that is his twin. MAJORs winter coat is bay blanketed but in the summer only one black corn spot lol
stallion_major.jpg

and Sgt MAJOR

foals_sarge2.jpg

Another MAJOR foal, a 2004 filly, MAJORHeartBrekr, a black roan pintaloosa like her dam.

foals_HEARTBrekR4.jpg

One of my favorite roan mares, a Yashica daughter, blue roan with sox, Brewers Yashicas Petite Princess

mares_princess_01.jpg

This is Mercedees a golden palomino roan, peeking in on the left, who had MYREDPortia a red roan, on the right, last year.

foals_portia6.jpg

and we can't forget my VERY sweet XCalibers Little Navajo son, a black roan sabino overo, HCM Navajos Ghost Dancer and his 2004 colt FLAMBOYANT!

stallion_navajo_tn.jpg

sales_flamboyant_tn.jpg

Here is my blue roan. Woodstocks North Domino's Debonaire. Yearling Stallion. This picture was taken last weekend at a show in Ogden UT.

DevonOgdenshow05.jpg

Here are Mine, Both are stallions and true roans, I dont know how many times Ive tried to tell people that a horses they were calling Roans, were not actually true roans, I finally just gave up
wacko.gif
no.gif
I also dont know how many times I have told people that breeding two roans does not produce a lethal roan.... maybe MHW will get the point across to some people out there
aktion033.gif
yes.gif

Islands Hurricane - Blue Roan Pinto

hurricane.jpg

and Al-Ve's Charlie Chips - Bay Roan

stallions_i0000b0.jpg

I also have a true Blue Roan mare that is a full sister to Al-Ves Charlie Chips, named Al-Ves Misty Magic, this isnt the best picture of her, but it will do, her baby is taking the spotlight in it, hehehehe
biggrin.gif

mistymike.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back