Show Stall Gate (for Nationals & other shows)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdhminis

Reaction score
Hi, I went to my 2nd show this past weekend - lots of fun - but it was very hot and I decided I need to get some type of "mini" show stall gate for when I go to the AMHR Nationals. What do you use for your show stall gate, if you made it if you have pics that would really, really help; if you bought it - where from. Also I know that every show you go to - the stalls are different - but at Nationals in Oklahoma - how do you attach your portable stall gate?
default_saludando.gif

This is like the ones we use: gate

We use heavy duty zip ties to attach them to the door openings and "close" them with bungie cords. You can't really see much as to how they are attached but here they are:
DSCF0871.jpg

Thanks for posting this ? and answer cause I've been searching and searching and never thought of Valley Vet. I'll order a couple for the show for my horses and Nationals.
default_aktion033.gif
Thanks, TJ

I made my own out of pig panels (? can't remember if that's the right name) from the local feed store as that's what the local mini folks recommended. The mesh squares are graduated so the horse can't get a foot through them and they're nice and light but strong. I put pipe insulation along all the sides to keep the horse and I from getting poked on the snipped-off wire ends and use baling twine to secure them in the doorway. I had one B-sized yearling escape artist who vanished over his twice and lost the privilege but my gelding respects it and loves to look out. I probably won't trust the two year old stallion with one just because he IS a young stallion, but once he's gelded it should work fine.

You can also make one out of PVC pipe.

Leia

Leia,

Can you post a picture of your stall gates. That sounds like a great idea. They are called Feedlot Panels or Hog panels. Tractor Supply has them as well and if your gates hold up good, you could make at least 3 out of one panel. That would be so much more cost effective since the ones at Valley Vet are $55 before shipping.

minimomNC said:
Leia,
Can you post a picture of your stall gates. That sounds like a great idea. They are called Feedlot Panels or Hog panels. Tractor Supply has them as well and if your gates hold up good, you could make at least 3 out of one panel. That would be so much more cost effective since the ones at Valley Vet are $55 before shipping.
Hog panels, that was it!
default_laugh.png
"Cost effective" was the primary attraction for me and I've been pretty happy with them in limited usage. I'll post pictures when I get home from work.

Leia

Bump - so that maybe Leia or others will post pics of their gates

Also waiting to see pictures of the ones Leia makes,

When we went to Nats they had piles of hog panels there you could use for free. Obviously you can't cut them up, but I stuck one end inside the stall, zip tied it, and used the leads to secure the other ends.

Latest posts

Back