Show Prospect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDMminis

Reaction score
Well i was thinking of selling Copper if he didn't plan out to show or breed. Though i don't think he is a breeding prospect he would be good in a show ring. I thought he would shape out like his mom and be very large with a thick neck big hind quarters etc. But he isn't he is getting the arabian build already has the dish in his face nice thin LONG neck that he likes to show off and a pretty tail. I use to own arabians but never seen a miniature move like this he puts that tail straight up that neck way up there and lifts those legs as high as he can.

He looked so amazing and he was doing good on lead but now he won't go with out a rump rope so i'm working on that but he will trot and set up. He has showing in his blood and its sad i couldn't register him ASPR since he is such a nice colt. He is turning silver and should look adorable, he is very studish so he will get gelded
default_rolleyes.gif
:. But i'm glad he is forming nice like his father and i will be exposing him to local open shows in miniature/pony class's. Once i get my aqha sold i will be registering him WCHMR & Pinto along with getting him his very first show halter.
default_wub.png
:

From the pics he does look like he will stay refined but its so hard to tell at 4 months old. His sire looked like he was refined so i dont really think he will 'fill out' like the pics of his dam.
default_wink.png
:

Another thing that might work better then a rump rope is use a short whip, if he dont move reach back and tap him with that. It will teach them to move when you say move, not in 5 seconds ...not in 10 minutes. Either he moves or he gets a small tap on the butt. Usually doesnt take more then 5 minutes and they pick it up fast!

Also, since your going to geld him i would make sure you geld him before he gets the stallion neck on him. It will help him stay refined.

We need new pics of him!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I can only geld him when he drops and he is taking his time. His dad was born and raised at Taylor Pony Farm so i was told he does carry King Pin in his bloodlines which is nice. Its been raining alot so i haven't got any good pictures of him just a few about a week ago but he is shedding fast.

HorseShow001.jpg

HorseShow002.jpg

HorseShow003.jpg

I'm trying to order something from a lady that makes amazing arabian type miniature show halters for low prices. I think he would look better in a arabian style than a western she only charges $25-$40 depends on how exotic and such. I just have to measure him :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back