show ponies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlearab

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying a reg shetland stallion to cross with my taller mini mares..

but do not know much aboput shetlands..

need advice form anyone who has done this or does this..

I've always love the taller Bs.. :bgrin

anyone??

Well I dont know that much about them. I do know there are a certian few ASPC/AMHR stallions out there I really really like. And the more I am around them the more I like them.

I just got my first ASPC/AMHR colt this year(to be gelding). I cant wait to meet him.

I would like in the future to buy a mare but who knows what I will do.

In order to breed to your mares, you would have to have a ASPC/AMHR stallion

well i happen to love mine
default_smile.png
But like Ashley said be sure you guy one that is aspc/amhr or you cant register the foals. if you find a shetland you like that is 3 or over and 38 or under you can hardship it amhr. there seems to be a lot more stallions then there are mares that are aspc/amhr

Yes, you could hardship them in, but remember that hardshipping a mare costs $600? and a colt $1200. Adds a significant expense to the total cost. I don't recall what geldings cost, but its pretty similar.

I was also told I couldn't hardship my 38" boy in any of the mini orginizations, all required 34" and under... which one accepts 38?

AMHR, however they only allow it if you horse is AMHA or Shetland registured I beleive. No more hardshiping of grade animals.

[SIZE=14pt]I have a fabulous 33ish shetland/mini stallion that is for sale..... but I am assuming you want to register in the show pony division of the aspc amhr based on your topic title..... The stallion would need to be DNA's for that program and then the foals as well. There are some really nice ones coming up. I have seen some at shows that look like little saddle breds! very classy. Just making oversized minis of ordinary look wont pay off for you.[/SIZE]

Almost all of my mini onlys are at least 50% shetland one is part hackney...

Lyn

Yes, you could hardship them in, but remember that hardshipping a mare costs $600? and a colt $1200. Adds a significant expense to the total cost. I don't recall what geldings cost, but its pretty similar.

I was also told I couldn't hardship my 38" boy in any of the mini orginizations, all required 34" and under... which one accepts 38?
As Ashley said, AMHR accepts horses with ASPC or AMHA papers. ASPC ponies can be hardshipped into AMHR whern they have reached their 3rd birthday and the cost is $460 for stallions and $260 for mares.

There are several forum members that do this. Take a look at some of the websites. Try searching for miniature shetland.

Feel free to look at my site as I am concentrating on the ASPC/AMHR horse as well. THe link is at the bottom of the post.

Hope you find your perfect man. I really like the taller minis as well. ANy questions feel free to email me or ask here on the forum.

Most of our horses are ASPC/AMHR registered. Love the looks and spirit of the double registered Shetlands. Click on our website.

Latest posts

Back