Show in Camden, SC...this weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flmiller

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you happened to attend the East Coast Miniature Horse Clubs first sanctioned show that is actually still being held this weekend in Camden, SC? I was hoping to go but it just didn't work out for me. Now I keep wondering how it is...if they had a good turnout and all that. So, if anyone went, how about a little update?

Thanks, Liz

I'm also looking forward to hearing how it went and how much fun everyone had!!!

I had a good show and met so many nice people!

A lot of the halter classes had 8 - 10 horses,

some even more. There were several trainers there too.

Alison King had Sid there... He is just beautiful

and Alison is just so cool and sweet!
default_smile.png
) She has the neatest

clippers!

James Walsh and his dad are great and always smiling and helpful.

There were some VERY BEAUTIFUL animals, OMG.

I have fallen in LOVE with a particular filly.... LOL

And Kirby had their stallion First Knight Dream Come True (I think that

was his name) That horse is absolutely STUNNING! Little John

had to compete against him, geeze..,,, I found myself staring at this

horse during the entire class!!

Peas daughter "Little Miss" won her youth class under all three judges.

She came out of the ring and handed me a blue ribbon cause

"I want you to have one too" awww,,, such an amazing little girl.

Oh, the ground was RED clay... Semi, my BAY filly, decided to dig

a hole to China... Friday morning I showed up at the barn to find that

she had somehow gotten her clothes off and had become a chestnut!

It was fun but I still couldn't wait to get home!
default_smile.png
)

Sandy

I had a good show and met so many nice people!

A lot of the halter classes had 8 - 10 horses,

some even more. There were several trainers there too.

Alison King had Sid there... He is just beautiful

and Alison is just so cool and sweet!
default_smile.png
) She has the neatest

clippers!

James Walsh and his dad are great and always smiling and helpful.

There were some VERY BEAUTIFUL animals, OMG.

I have fallen in LOVE with a particular filly.... LOL

And Kirby had their stallion First Knight Dream Come True (I think that

was his name) That horse is absolutely STUNNING! Little John

had to compete against him, geeze..,,, I found myself staring at this

horse during the entire class!!

Peas daughter "Little Miss" won her youth class under all three judges.

She came out of the ring and handed me a blue ribbon cause

"I want you to have one too" awww,,, such an amazing little girl.

Oh, the ground was RED clay... Semi, my BAY filly, decided to dig

a hole to China... Friday morning I showed up at the barn to find that

she had somehow gotten her clothes off and had become a chestnut!

It was fun but I still couldn't wait to get home!
default_smile.png
)

Sandy

Good show........overall, it may be one of the best turned out group of horses I have seen in a while. They were in top shape/condition. A testimonial to how well our breeders have been doing and how well the exhibitors are preparing for the shows. A whole lot of love and hard work showed up there.

Most of the classes were well entered......tough competition, too.

Of special note..........THE MOST AWESOME liberty gelding was in a "plain brown wrapper".......Heather, Mulligans Run is the lucky owner. His calm demeanor gave no clue to the elegance you were about to witness -- was this the SAME horse :new_shocked:

This was a jaw dropping, heart throbbing, goosebump and tears exhibit of grace and motion. Head high, legs like a ballerina, tail over his back....wow :new_shocked: :aktion033: The entire run, not just a few steps of it but, the whole run. I hated for the music to stop.

But, when it did, a "whoa" had him standing in halter class, statue perfect pose while the handler put his halter back on. Wish I had a video to replay!!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Everything seemed to be well planned......lots of friendly people.....good food.......fun time!

The show was amazing. HUGE turn out. My 2 show horses i took both did amazing. My senior gelding Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty did pretty good for it being my very first time showing him. He was Reserve champion senior gelding under 2 judges. I can't say enough about Bruce, he is the best show horse i have ever owned. Then my 2 year old mare that i took was amazing. Out of her huge 2 year old mare class which had like 17 entrys in it, she was 5th and 6th. But then i made my amateur debute this weekend too. I came out with a big boom. She went AOTE Champion under all 3 judges. But what really suprised me is that she won her huge color class and she is a grey and white. She beat so many colorful horses, i was very suprises but very happy with her. I got Liz to make pictures of her and they are going to be breath taking. It was a very nice show and i will attend it next year also. Oh and Heather and Shannons gelding Marcos was amazing in Liberty, i have never seen a horse that was that amazing and breath taking in Liberty. Kirby and Shannon went out there with no cans or anything to make the horse run. That is what Liberty is all about. Aubrey

The show was fabulous. I didn't get to spend much time by the arena because I was a vendor, but I didn't hear any complaints. Everything seemed to go very smooth. The people were the nicest I have ever met. The atmosphere was great. Lots of LOVE!!!!

Wonderful show.!!! We are still unpacking so I am still in my "Why do we do this pase"!! but the

show was great. I met a lot of new people and rekindled friendships with old friends. Just want to

thank all that worked so hard to make the show fun and fair. A special thanks to Minimomnc ,who

poured her whole soul in to making this show successful. You were the one that everyone who had

any complaint , they came to you. Just wanted you to know the all the members and exhibitors really

appreciate all your hard work. This was the East Coast Miniature Horse Clubs first show and we have

learned a lot. A couple glitches but over all a success. I took a sample survey from many exhibitors and

most of them comments were very positive, the negatives were minor but fixable. So Look out at out next

show . It will be even better :new_shocked: And the comments about the awesome gelding that swept his classes and LIberty. All true. Even more true than you can imagine. I am still in tears. He is just a dream!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Congredulations Shannon and Heather. He is amazing.

[SIZE=14pt]Is there any way when things calm down a bit someone can post the results for us?[/SIZE]

Lyn

I am not sure if we will have all of the results. It was a very good show though. We did learn alot and next time will hopefully be even better.

I know the High Points for both shows.

AMHA show

High Point Youth was Shannon Troglauer

High Point Amateur was Samantha Phipps

High Point Horse was Knells Spin To Win

AMHR show

High Point Youth was Heather Powell

High Point Amateur was Buster Gough

High Point Horse (will have that later, lots of points to work on)

The number of horses for the show was pretty good also, AMHA had around 80 horses and the AMHR show had around 160.

We had a wonderful crew there, and huge thanks to Charlotte Chowning who did a great job in managing this show. She and her crew were great.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]WOW!!!! 160 horses is more than most every AMHR show I have ever been to except regionals and maybe them too! Congratulations on a huge show![/SIZE]

Lyn

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you to all who responded! It sounds like it really was a blast and now I hate I missed it even more! I spent the whole darn weekend working and knowing I was missing out. Glad you all had fun though. [/SIZE]

Congrats Aubrey...I was pulling for you back here stuck under all the pizza. lol Can't wait to see the picture of Lilly!

Liz

I did the ring shots and you can take a look at the show after Wednesday of this weekat www.canyonphotoart.com . I have over 3000 images so it will take a few days to get them uploaded to the website. Here's what most people and horses were doing at the show=jumping for joy. It was a great show. The location was absolutely beautiful as was the weather. ALthough I detest shooting in an enclosed arena because of the (lack of ) lighting, it was still lots of fun. The horses were beautiful and everyone was so nice.

Minirearing.jpg

We were very fortunate to have two wonderful photographers at this show. Liz McMillian took pictures of alot of horses outside the ring, but all I heard all weekend was what great pictures Peggy and her crew were getting inside the ring. This gave everyone alot of chances to get those special looks of their horses. Thank you so much from the East Coast Miniature Horse Club to both fine ladies for all of their hard work. These will be wonderful memories for alot of people.

The show was great! It ran very smoothly and the pictures taken by Peggy were amazing! I had a wonderful time with all our mini friends. There were so many gorgeous horses there.

Marcos did awesome in liberty! It was breathtaking!

Aubrey....Bruce and Lilly really showed their stuff too. They looked great!

As I"m sitting here tonight going through the images from the Camden show, some are really making me smlle. Thought I'd share the joy.
Littleboyandmini.jpg
Childinblueandmini.jpg

Littlegirlandmini.jpg

I love to see the little kids showing their stuff and the horses are so patient. Armani (top left) did his new family proud - he was absolutely gorgeous Tricia - you did such a good job getting him ready. And little Tanner and Spirit had their very first show ever (bottom left) - they did great! The other little girl (don't know her name) was in several classes too and she and her horses were wonderful as well.

What a fun weekend - lots of work, but so much fun!!!

We're very excited about our placings with Reeces Thunder King "Nick", McCarthy's Miss Kitty and Dakotas San Juan Marcos. Shannon did an awesome job showing under the guidance of Lee & Kirby and I'm very proud of her placings with her baby, "Marcos".

Thank you for the kind compliments on Marcos. It's funny because when you look at him in the stall you think, wow a big red gelding. But when you put the show halter on, he's pumped and ready to go. Then take that halter off and ask him to run....wow......he is absolutely amazing.

I haven't seen the Liberty photos yet, but we're hoping that Peggy caught some good ones of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had so much fun at the show. It was one of the largest we have been to in Area III. The exhibitors party was fun and the food was great. The East Coast MH Club really put their best foot forward. We enjoyed seeing everyone and also admiring all the horses. There were some really nice horses at the show. Thanks to everyone who worked and those of you who didn't attend really missed out on a good time. Look forward to next year. Dinda

[SIZE=14pt]Those are precious beyond words! I so cant wait till Robby is big enough![/SIZE]

Lyn

GIANT SMILES here!

Peggy ~ I can't wait to see more pictures of my kiddos showing Armani (#65). He's a truly special horse and his family loves him dearly. As ya'll can see he is very patient with the kids. Armani did very well...he got some blues and placed in all of his classes.

Latest posts

Back