Shirley Soat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanS

Reaction score
I know everyone has heard the name. Soats Lazy S Acres have been a main stay in the Miniature Horses since the begining Bud and Shirley and 8 others started Great Lakes Miniature Horse Club in Michigan. I think we all have a soats bloodline in our horses.

Shirley lost her long battle today God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you and whispered "Come to me." With tearful eyes I saw you, and watched you pass away. Although i loved you dearly I could not make u stay. A golden heart stopped beating, working hands laid to rest. God broke my heart to prove to me he only takes the BEST!

OMG - I had not heard. This is so sad. We bought our first miniatures from Bud and Shirley. She was such a nice lady, with a terrific sense of humor. Soats were among the founders and supporters of AMHA and 34" and under miniature horses, and this is truly a loss.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Bud and his family. She will truly be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
My family bought our first horses from Bud and Shirley...infact the first horse I ever had was "Soat's Lil Ink Spot" Bud and Shirley were in my life as far back as I can remember. Shirley always had a smile and knew how to light up a room. She will be missed. Bud, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Thoughts and prayers are with the family. Although I did not know Shirley personally, I have a Soat's horse.

The first miniature horse we purchased was Soats Bashful Blonde. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

May God hold you in his loving arms and give you comfort.

Blessings and sympathy for Shirley Soat's family.....

Our very first mini was a filly of Soat's lineage.

Sorry to read this. My sympathy and thoughts to the family.

Soats is in so many Mini lines, she is definitely one of the foundation breeders for Minis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have known them for many years, such wonderful people. I wish I had been into photography back in those early days as Bud's wild team of black pintos galloping around was so entertaining and he had such a great time with them.

My sympathy to Bud and his family, she was a lovely lady.

My condolences to Shirley's family and friends. There are MANY Soat's bred horses in the pedigrees of Miniature Horses today. They were indeed one of the "pioneer" Miniature Horse breeders of nice quality horses.

My Condolences to the family! How very sad!
default_no.gif

My thoughts and prayers are with the family, and my appreciation goes to Shirley Soat.

Latest posts

Back