shipping costs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ijust got horses shipped with Boothill during the World Show.

They were very reasonable.

And two of my horses arrived in great condition as well as a friend of mine's two horses. But the two year old I got didn't fair as well.

But they are nice people.

I have used Worley's Hauling for a number of years now and I really like them, reasonble, reliable, let you know when there are delays, etc. Bill is the driver and Mari his wife coordinates the trips. The link is on my website.

I used hauled right this past winter and was happy. The horse was hauled 550 miles and I think I paid either $420 or $430. The first company I set up the arrangements with did not show up to pick up the horse when they were supposed to, and would not answer their phones.... Hauled right fit me into one of their planned trips, and my horse was on the trailer a little extra time, but it didn't bother me since its a seasoned hauler. When I set up everything with hauled right they said they would be there on day X at 11pm, and ended up calling me a day before hand and asked if they could pick horse up day Y first thing in the morning. The roads out where they were coming from were terrible, and they needed to slow down, or stop until the roads were treated. I was thrilled they were concerned for the safety of themselves and my horse, and did not mind that we were a day off on pick up and delivery. I would rather have them home safe a day late than never because they were in an accident.

The gals at hauled right are extremely friendly too!

I have never dealt with shippers before and i don't have a clue how much they charge or who to contact. Any pricing and recommendations are welcome.
Barb

I have had big horses transported lots of times and recently a mini hauled from Texas to California. It seems to run about .35 to .40 cents a mile. I would try to go with a hauler that is experienced with minis though as they do need extra care as far as having accessible water and making sure they are eating. Large horses can go for longer periods without but with minis its not a good idea.

When considering transporting by a transport company, consider experience with your particular breed. Also consider how their trailer is set up.

From WA to MN the cost is one days pay for me for just fuel. I cannot make that trip for that amount with taking time off of work, travel expenses, etc.

For those that have never done this - this is my first time shipping with someone else - I am trusting Sharrway as I have never heard anything but good about their care for their charges.

First thing they asked was hold old is the charge. I could have had her delivered over Nationals, but she would have been on the trailer way too long and they frankly told me to wait for the next trip.

They did give me a best gestimate on delivery, and you have to watch the weather, detours, etc. All professional shippers need to make a living - but I would bank on one that is concerned about the charge they will have with them.

And incidentally - shippers, the ones that don't care are trying to undercut the best in the industries rates, just to fill spaces, so beware!

Well I was put off again today by a shipper, so I give up. I have made the choice to make the trip myself and pick up the mini's. My friend is going with me and we are making a "Mini" vacation out of it...
default_smile.png
we are also going to be able to meet a famous horse so it seems justifiable... lol.

We will be traveling from Indiana to AR , Nov 7th and returning home the 8th. Woohoo

Sharrway is right now shipping a pony for me and I have had updates every few hours from them.

Thanks Sharrway Transport!

Latest posts

Back