Quantcast

Shetland Tack, Where to buy???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

ponygirltx

Reaction score
I have been shopping around for a training harness for my shetland and also, pricing carts. I have looked on several sites, but wondering if I had missed any. So, if you guys have any favorite sites for shopping for your Shetland I would like to hear about them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jamie

USMCshamusmom

Reaction score
don't forget to check Ebay....... I just bought a great pony saddle for $99....black

bighorn from the early 1960's with a pretty red seat and nickel studs all over. Now to find a martingale and a studded bridle to go with it! heh heh.... Won't my dapple grey shetland gelding look like a dream wearing that ?
!!!

Lewella

Reaction score
Robinson's Harness Shop in Holton, KS is also a good place to look. I know Otha does sell some on the LB Auction and if you do a search you can find their webpage pretty easy.

ponygirltx

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I have been watching ebay, but kinda worried about the quality. I have gotten alot of nice stuff on ebay, but gotten some poor quality stuff too. Sometimes hard to tell from pics. I have bought from Ortha before and was pleased with the surcingle, so will most likely buy from her.

Jamie

Dreamweaver

Reaction score
I have two pony size harness from Ozark Mountain that I just love. One is a working harness and one is a rolled leather show harness. They are wonderful!

ponygirltx

Reaction score
Thanks Dana, they are nice harnesses. Just wanted to make sure I got good quality and one that fits my shetland properly. O.K., does anyone have any suggestions on a show halter for a shetland? I had found one site that had some nice ones with the throat latch and somehow I lost it.

Jamie

Lewella

Reaction score
Just look at Arab sites for show halters - weanling to yearling size depending on the size of your ponies head
The smaller sized Arab halters can often be found used too.

Latest posts