Shetland Pony Sale in 1949

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went back and looked closer at the pictures after finding my parents in one of them and found ME too. If you look at the third picture posted at the beginning of this thread, the one labled "Viceroy", if you look on the front row of the bleachers ahead of the horse, that little boy is me and my parents are sitting behind me. I told Mother about it today when we visited her. She is in the hospital recovering from knee surgery a week ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love seeing these photos. I have always been a horse addict and remember my uncle and cousins showed shetlands here in Florida. Wish i knew their farm name but his name was William or Bill Garrison and we all lived in Palm Harbor Florida. This would have been the 60s and they had shetland shows in conjunction with the Pinellas county fair. We got to see them show sometimes there. Im sure they must have shown at other places too but thats all i knew about. They had a bunch of silver dapples. I wish he was still alive to ask about it.

I just went back and looked closer at the pictures after finding my parents in one of them and found ME too. If you look at the third picture posted at the beginning of this thread, the one labled "Viceroy", if you look on the front row of the bleachers ahead of the horse, that little boy is me and my parents are sitting behind me. I told Mother about it today when we visited her. She is in the hospital recovering from knee surgery a week ago.
That is fantastic, Tony! There is so much HISTORY to share! (I know, that sounds bad.)
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back