Shetland Influence

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone new to the breed called me for some info the other day she told me the bred down by royalty from arabians thing- she was glad that was true cause she sure didnt want any shetland ponies that was not what she was looking for they are evil. I did have to explain to her the marketing ploys.. she was shocked that anything related to a pony could be so good natured so yes it is a great marketing tool one I think even those who came up with it would know would work so very well

I try not to get into discussions when people bring religion into it but in this case of the evolution of the horse...I'm so very sorry but I read that and ...well I just can't have an intelligent conversation with a view that the world is 8000 years old and horses evolved from a small toed creature to what it is today in just a few of those. Because it's NOT...it just is not true. The scientific evidence that the world is 8000 years old is zero..Evidence of a great flood...none. Evidence of no flood...overwhelming. The proof of evolution is overwhelming.

There is no, no, no way the horse could have evolved from a tiny toed creature to the modern horse in less than 8000 years. Gosh there are Egyptian and other cultures art work older than that showing the horse as it is today. There aren't any pictures/cave drawings/anything that shows the horse as anything but what it is today.

I'm glad that creationists are finally realizing the evidence is out there and they are starting to change their minds. Small steps are pretty cool. You just cant argue with all of the evidence that's out there forever so the fact that they are starting to realize that is a small step.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, once again anyone who does not agree with you is labeled an unintelligent and uneducated. That is really offensive. I never called you that because you believe in evolution. As far as evidence for a young earth and a worldwide flood, there is tons of it. I was not trying to start an argument though because I don't think either one of us is going to be convinced by the other. I was merely providing further reading for those who are interested and for those who would like some validation for their beliefs in creationism. The way a person perceives the evidence that is out there is going to be colored by their presuppositions, whether those are that God created the world or that the world is a product of random events that happened over millions of years. By the way, I think that evolution is a religion too as it also must be accepted by faith. You cannot scientifically prove it.

Wow, you just completely read something into my post that just wasn't there
default_smile.png

You certainly can prove evolution it's been done over and over in thousands of different scientific fields. You can also choose not to believe it for whatever reason and that's your right, you have the right to believe absolutely anything you want to believe. The same way you express your opinions and others express theirs...I expressed mine. I never ever called you unintelligent or uneducated. I said that I can't have an "intelligent conversation" when the conversation revolves the world being 8000 years old. That's very different and it wasn't you I was refering to it was that article and thats what I believe.

But that's off the subject of minis being ponies and closely related to shetlands hahaha wayyyyyyyy off the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back