She's here!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
She arrived on Wednesday evening and even in her winter woolies, she is refined and gorgeous - has the TB-like conformation I was looking for. She is very "up-eared" and has a trot to die for - Mercy, my boss mini mare, was chasing her around - Mercy was at a full gallop, while the pony was still covering the ground at a beautiful trot.

She is expecting a foal in May... after losing Independence's foal (another one of my minis) this past February, I am ready to try again.

Independence has bonded with her as she was the horse everyone else either ignored or picked on, so I am glad she has a buddy to hang with.

Finisterre (my PMU) was jealous and was making every face in the book at the new pony...she knows she gets my attention with the funny faces.

Pictures to follow - we are up to our ankles in mud so you won't be seeing lovely show photos just yet! :)

Denise

Silversong Farm

Congratulations
aktion033.gif
Glad to hear that she finally arrived. Really looking forward to seeing pictures.
new_shocked.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Congrats on finally getting Chance. I was really pleased with my modern mare, Wilk. Black Passion, that I got from Laura. She is out with my arabian mare and they are good friends, even eat out of the same hay pile. Phancy usually doesn't share but she has adopted Passion. Then I have 7 of my 8 minis in the other pasture and my stallion has his own paddock. Can't wait to show Passion in 2006 after she foals, so I know how you must feel. Enjoy Chance. What did you think fo Laura? Nice lady, was a pleasure to meet her.

SHANA said:
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
Congrats on finally getting Chance. I was really pleased with my modern mare, Wilk. Black Passion, that I got from Laura. She is out with my arabian mare and they are good friends, even eat out of the same hay pile. Phancy usually doesn't share but she has adopted Passion. Then I have 7 of my 8 minis in the other pasture and my stallion has his own paddock. Can't wait to show Passion in 2006 after she foals, so I know how you must feel. Enjoy Chance. What did you think fo Laura? Nice lady, was a pleasure to meet her.

491507[/snapback]

Laura was AMAZING - she represented the mare honestly and I am so pleased that we have the honor to have "Chance" now in our barn - she is beautiful, refined and is exactly what I was looking for in a Modern. Her trot is to die for...I watched her go when our PMU Finisterre was cutting up and she just floated above the ground. The only problem we have is that one of my sons' friends is named Chance and he will not like having a "girl" share his name so she will be getting a different call name here, but will show under her registered name, Georgetown's Last Chance. She is getting along with everyone except Mercy, who is convinced she is going to starve to death every time I add a new horse (not true - Mercy is well-fed and can stand to lose a few pounds!). Mercy takes it out on me and my new additions...but she does come around with time and patience. Mercy is so funny - she does the "border collie stare" for a moment and then she starts the chase. She is not persistent... just enough to let the new arrival know she is the boss.
biggrin.gif

We took a walk down to the pond with two of our three dogs - the 6 month old Lab pup who is in hyper-drive 24/7 and my German Shorthaired Pointer, who is 3 and the pony was rock solid with all the new sights and the dogs racing about. She is a most sensible horse, very affectionate and curious and she always whinnies when she sees me. I even got her to park and flatten her topline for me with her tail up... with nothing more than a grass tidbit! Now, if only I can remember what I did to get her to do that!
rolleyes.gif

My dear hubby, who is not a horsey person other than to give the herd apples or carrots or a kind word, liked her. My older son, who is almost 16 and more interested in girls and cars, was out with her for a while and he came in smiling, saying, "That is a NICE horse." A funny statement uttered from the teenager who rolled his eyes and said "*&@#^%, not another horse!"

We have the 2006 foal to look forward to, as well. I am looking forward to 2006, as well as my younger son, Ben.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Hi,

Well if you need a few new names to choose from. You could call her Lady, Lacey, An(chANce). Also LC, Georgie, hannah, Sweetie, or anything you like. Will be fun picking out a name for her. Or you could go for a halloween theme name such a pumpkin, candy, sugar, etc. He he.

Laura is great, I am still pleased with all my horses I got from her. Wish we could have chatted longer. Good luck with Chance.

Sorry, edited to remove double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denise, it was very nice to meet you and Ben. The screw up at the border was worth seeing the smiles on both your faces upon arrival. I know that Chance will do well for you and Ben.

Thank you both, Shana and Denise, for the lovely compliments. Seeing an exceptional horse being placed into capable hands is a wonderful feeling for the seller. I feel that way about you both.

My very best

Laura

Shauney said:
Denise, it was very nice to meet you and Ben.  The screw up at the border was worth seeing the smiles on both your faces upon arrival.  I know that Chance will do well for you and Ben.
Thank you both, Shana and Denise, for the lovely compliments.  Seeing an exceptional horse being placed into capable hands is a wonderful feeling for the seller.  I feel that way about you both.

My very best

Laura

493613[/snapback]

Many thanks, Laura - may you get your Classic sooner rather than later!
yes.gif

Chance is doing very well - we have done many walks to the pond and extended grooming sessions where she rests her head on my shoulder. Even my mini Mercy is laying off her nasty chasing sessions...the wind was truly taken out of her sails when we had to cancel her appearance next week at the MA Equine Affaire at the last minute - she was due to be one of the Celebrity Horses and thanks to a man who "T-boned" my husbands's car on Saturday, we had to cancel today as I could not leave hubby without a vehicle from Wednesday through Sunday with work and the kids' activities and the costs to attend were a luxury expense compared to making sure we had viable transportation to work. I am grateful Mercy had the honor but without it fulfilled, I feel somewhat incomplete...I had hoped Mercy could spread her service message (which we have done for the past 10 years via funds I earned from work and always on a volunteer basis to folks in need) but everything is on hold now. At least no one was hurt in the accident but in the grand scheme of things, the gentleman who hit my husband was at fault and he did not realize the greater consequences of his actions....
no.gif

I wish there could be no more MV accidents on earth, ever - one never realizes the impact until it hits you at home! Luckily no injuries but the ability to fulfill my obligation has been hindered and to me, that is injury enough!
no.gif

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back