She's here....it's pretty bad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerace

Reaction score
I was shocked...I don't even know what to say...

goldie072906.jpg

:new_shocked: OHHHHHHHHh myyyyyyyyyyyy

I am so glad she is out of there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for coming to her rescue.

Is she eating, drinking?????

Best of luck and thank you so much for letting us know.

You have all taken care of right? Need help?

Hi everyone..

I talked to Tracy this am and asked that she get the vet and farrier out to see her. I told her

CMHR will pay for those visits and anything else we can do to help.

Tracy went on to say these people have big horses and they are fine and about a $30,000.00

horse rig sitting in their driveway. You know what I'd like to do to them :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Last edited by a moderator:
:no:

I just got off the phone with Gini. I cannot believe the condition of this horse. Has this person been turned in??

Not yet Kay... They needed to get this horse out of there.... Tracy's husband, with the farrier

talking him thru it got the curls off the hooves. The vet is going out tomorrow and give an

assesment of her situation. Right now she is resting with Tracy sitting with her. She's under

a fan and has no flies or mosquitos on her now. The farrier will be out on Monday as he has

a medical treatment today and can't come any earlier. Lord there has to be a place in H***

for the jerk that let this horse get this way.

Gini...you are an absolute angel. And yes...there was a brand new 3 horse, slant trailer with sleeping quarters in the driveway. there were also 3 fat and happy groomed horses in a pasture adjacent to the mud hole this mare was in. And there was another appy in the pen with her - it looked healthy. I'm sure if they fed this little girl anything the appy stole it from her.

Yes, she is eating and drinking and content. My daughter and I (and a friend) removed all of the burrs from her mane and my husband got the curls off of her feet (one was hitting her ankle and the other was just in the way) with a reciprocal saw :eek: . The vet will be here in the morning and the farrier - the poor dear, hurt his back - but he'll be here Monday after he talks with the vet. AT this moment she is laying down and relaxed - alert but relaxed, and munching hay and knickering at the other horses that she can hear.

We have decided to call her, Phoebe. She's surprisingly chipper and sweet. She was just LOVING the grooming and massages. I was laying down in the shaving with her (whileon thephone with Gini) and she was just resting her nose on my arm.

She nips at her hooves...it just breaks myheart. But, at least for now she feels better than she did 6 hours ago.

pray for her.....and thanks everyone, and especially to CMHR...she deserves this and I am so grateful you are helping.

These are the photo's I took just after she arrived. She has since had part ofthe hoof removed and he mane is cleaned up....she's so darned sweet it makes me want to cry.

goldie72907.jpg

goldie72908.jpg

goldie72910.jpg

goldie72912.jpg

I forgot to add that she licked a mineral block for almost 15 minutes straight.... :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
be sure and go slow with her!!! i would only give her a couple mins on the mineral block. also very small meals 4-6 times per day is best. her body will go out of whack if you give her too much too fast. Bless your heart for helping her. Im praying for her

I am so glad you have her! I was able to donate some to CMHR this week and by the looks of it they needed it! I hope to do it again in the next week or so - such an important cause when you see pictures like that
default_sad.png

My God, how can people be so f---ing ignorant!! I'm with Gini A there has to be a special place in heck for people that do this to any animal. My stomach turned over when I saw those pictures. I pray she can be helped. Thank you Thank you for being there for her. Geez it takes a LOT to get me mad but I am now.

Ginny StP

After the intitial help with the Vet and Farrier will she be coming to us or still going to A Voice for Animals.?

I am just speechless. Bless you for taking her into your home, and for CMHR for all of their help.

Liz R.

Ginny StP

After the intitial help with the Vet and Farrier will she be coming to us or still going to A Voice for Animals.?
She's a CMHR rescue
default_smile.png
. But I have to tell you...I have 2 boarders here - both wonderful older women (one is a retired psychologist and the other is principal) and they both want to adopt her from CMHR already...lol. They'v both been wonderful to her - in fact one is outside with her now while I eat my first meal of the day
default_smile.png
. They have both bought extra shavings and mineral blocks and doting over her with us.

So glad you have her now!
default_yes.gif
:

Just for an FYI for you and your farrier.................

I have a mare whose back feet were just like that when we rescued her from Iowa 3 years ago. Her feet will never be "normal" again. But let your farrier know to go very slow trimming her because her quicks will be located differently than normal hooves. I know that seems pretty obvious, but I have one of the best farriers in the area, and about a year after we got my mare Ellie, we had been trimming her hooves every 6 weeks, and one time my farrier hit a quick pocket, it was an extra area of quick that had meandered through her hoof. It bled a good long time and we had to put her on antibiotics and wrap her hoof for 2 weeks. It was a shock to all of us where that pocket just appeared.

Good Luck!!!
default_smile.png

You know, as terrible as she looks right now, you can just tell that with some TLC she is going to be a very pretty girl. I can't wait to see the after pics of her. Bless her heart and bless yours too.
default_wub.png
:

This is disturbing, really disturbing!

At first, I thought the people were just clueless but reading on about the other well kept horses and clearly the people had the financial means to take care of her.......Now I feel sick to my stomach!

I am NOT speechless but everything I have to say about these low life's would not be so good to write!

Disgusting scumbags will have to do.........

More to the point the mare looks darling, she must ahve been in agony :no: :no:

Thank God......wonderful people are there to help her.

Did the vet get out? I have been thinking abouyt her and really hope she is okay...

Bravo and good job getting her out of there! Perhaps her feet will never be normal as stated, but perhaps with time she can at least be relieved of pain and comfortable grazing.

Never say never, hoping for the best.

Give her a rub and hug from Carl and I,

Maxine

Sorry I didn't update - I was volunteering at a Shriners charity show today. My husband was in charge and did a great job
default_smile.png
. SPheobe has had lots of visitors and love
default_smile.png

The vet is optimistic and says she may do well. We'll know more on Monday after the farrier gets the x rays. She was wormed and she'll need her vax next week (he didn't want to do it all at one time I guess). She's already a different horse...she's got her ears pricked and she nickers at us...she's a dear little heart. It's just amazing how content she is now...she's not nervous or shy at all.

I'll get more pictures tomorrow. I'm struggling with a horrible migraine...being out in the heat all day at the show just wiped me out after having very little sleep the previous 2 nights. I'll sleep so much better tonight!

Thanks so much everyone,

Tracy

:aktion033: :aktion033: Great news!!!!

For anyone wanting to help Phoebe,,,,,,,,,,more items have been added to the CMHR auction.

Go the the auction page, click on CMHR Fundraiser and many great items will come up!!!!!!!

Thanks Tracy!

Latest posts

Back