Shelterwood Labs...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnShadowsFarm

Reaction score
I sent a sample off well over a month ago for cream gene test. They cashed the check promptly, but I've not heard anything from them! I've called and only got an answering machine, so I left a message.. no response. I've sent emails...no response.

I know they don't give results over the phone, but at this point, I'm wondering if they are even still in business!!
default_unsure.png
:

I don't know whats going on with them but I've started useing the one in FL. This is an example of how on the ball they are. I sent the samples out on Monday. It usually takes 2 or 3 days after they recieve it to get your results emailed to you, then they send the certificate in the mail. But by Friday at 3, I had no email from them. I called and a super nice guy told me that they just got the sample on Thursday and that my results should be ready Sat or Mon. Two hours later, they were emailed to me. He must have decided to just go ahead and run my tests. I thought WOW, a company that actually cares about the customer! Plus I have used them before, they'd sent a coupon for 10 % off of the next tests over $50. But only $25 per test is the actual charge. Cheap, fast and nice, I like that!

I have stopped using Shelterwood and now use Animal Genetics which is outstanding, quick, and reasonable. I sent two samples last week and had both results emailed back within five days. Last time I used Shelterwood it took almost a month and then they sent back the results with the WRONG NAME on it. They had the sire, not the horse that was tested. Sloppy, in my opinion. Animal Genetics, Inc.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm stuck for now, but will use Animal Genetics in the future!

Animal Genetics is the best. They are so fast, attentive and just wonderful to work with. Thank you Rolf for all your help. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Add me to that list of Animal Genetics supporters! I too used to use Shelterwood, but Animal Genetics is SOOOOOOOOO much faster and CHEAPER too!!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

For now, why don't you call Shelterwood and ask them, at least you'd know what's going on there and maybe get your results?

Yes Marnie and thanks for reinterating Mona...

I've called NUMEROUS times now...only get an message and NO response! I've called 3 times this am in fact!

I've also emailed to the address on their website. No response there either!!!!!

I doubt I have any recourse with my bank as the check was cashed over a month ago, but I'm going to find out!!!!! This is no way to do business, that's for sure! :nono:

I've got all of you beat! I sent in a sample Dec. 31, 2005 to have a colt tested to see if he is homozygous or not. They received my sample on Jan. 6, 2006 and I STILL don't have the results. We've called numerous times and we keep getting the runaround. We called again about a week ago and wanted results or our money back. I was really suprised with this. I had used Shelterwood several times in the past and always got the results back in about two weeks. I too shall use Animal Genetics from now on.

Well, guess what! I got a call back from them this afternoon. I was at work and not in a position to "get into it" with them, but they looked up my test submission and said it should be done by the end of this week and they will call me with the results. We'll see if that happens!! That don't usually call or email results..why I don't know...

Will keep you posted, but this is my last time as a Shelterwood customer, that's for sure!

Latest posts

Back