Shedding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
I am curious, are anyones minis starting to shed?

My standard mare is shedding like crazy but Bonny isnt at all.
default_wacko.png

Yes, mine are all shedding. Many of them A LOT. It's the change in daylight that causes it (and it sure is plenty cold here today!).

Mine are getting itchy and shedding some but not all the way yet
default_smile.png

Mine are all shedding too. They have been shedding since the beginning of Feb. One reason is I feed DAC supplements and DAC OIL and the DAC oil is for hair coats. When it gets to be this time of year the DAC oil will shed them out a lot quicker.

My minis are shedding, and it's kind of scary because theres still snowstorms up here!

Yea, some of mine are also. Not a lot yet, but the more daylight there is, the more they shed. Hope it warms up before too long.
default_yes.gif

My mare is shedding like crazy!!! I was petting on her this afternoon and hair was just sticking to my hands, everything!!! I think I will have to take a curry comb to her tomorrow to get some of that off. I guess she is used to those Minnesota winters and our Nebraska winters just don't quite compare!!
default_wink.png

YEP all 14 of my horses are started about end of January.

And the pregnant mare is shedding WAY more than the rest especially last night we could have built a pomeranian with all that hair. lol

My yearling still has not started shedding. I think my sisters pony started more than a week ago. There has been several days in the 70's so far this year!

No shedding here. I think it'll start soon with our temps being in the high 40s lately. I brushed everyone. My pregger is shedding, but that's expected. But no one else. :DOH!

Latest posts

Back