She didn't make it :*(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
sometime between her last feeding at 10:30 pm and midnight when I went out all bundled up to spend the night with her in the stall, sweet little baby Noodle died.
default_sad.png
I'm shocked and can't stop crying.

Thank you, all of you. Your prayers and good thoughts mean so much to me. I've never lost a "full term" foal before-- and I call her "full term" because I've had foals born earlier than she was that were just fine--- and, well, it hurts.
default_sad.png
It hurts that I did everything I could for her, and bonded with her and loved her and it still didn't help.
default_no.gif

Noodle is still out in the stall with Treasure, and it's breaking my heart to watch Treasure nuzzle her baby and try to get her to wake up. I'm hoping that by morning she will realize that her baby is gone and accept it. When I found Noodle dead, she just looked to be peacefully sleeping and Treasure was lying next to her straw-bale "crib", I had left the stall door open so that Treasure could wander the barn aisle as she liked, so she wouldn't be too bored in the jury-rigged neonatal unit, but she was almost always right by her foal's side.

I thought that I wouldn't be able to write much about her right now, but it's the last time and I feel like when I quit writing, she'll really be gone. I know that makes no sense, but oh, this hurts.
default_sad.png

Here's the last picture I took of her, earlier today. Looking back at her pictures, I can see that she was slowly losing strength and I apparently didn't want to see it.
default_no.gif

NoodleDayTwo004.jpg
I love you baby. Goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry, I'm crying right along with you. At least she knew she was loved and she did know it too. The mares have a way of knowing you have tried too, the poor momma. I feel your pain and am so very sorry, we all know you really tried hard. Hugs.

I am so sorry for your loss.

She is a beautiful baby and is now running free in a beautiful place in a pasture full of sweet four legged angels.

My prayers to you and your mare.

Oh, Lori
depresse.gif
depresse.gif
depresse.gif

I'm so sorry!!!! You did EVERYTHING the best of the best could and would do for her. I am just so sorry she is gone!!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry
default_no.gif
It's so crushing to lose one after trying to hard to save them. You did so much for little Noodle and her brief life was filled with love and care.

I am so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
:No-Sad I hope your mare does well. It is so heartbreaking to see them call for their babies
default_sad.png
Hus to you and your little mama.

Barb

Lori, I am so sorry. You did everything you could for little Noodle and showed her lots of love during her short life. Rest in peace Noodle.

Barbie

Oh Lori!

I am so sorry. Rest in peace little one.

Beth

I am so very sorry. You tried so hard, Mama and baby knew it too. I understand your pain.

Robin

so sorry for your loss. You went way above and beyond what most could do

Kay

God speed little Noodle. Prayers are with you Lori to help heal your broken heart. I lost a precious baby this year also but at birth. I didn't get a chance to fall in love with him as you did Noodle and that makes it much harder on you. You tried so very hard to keep your little baby going. She was absolutely a beautiful little girl. God bless dear heart.

Poor little Noodle. I have been reading and I know you tried very hard for her. I was really hoping she was going to make it.
default_no.gif
I am so sorry for the loss.

RIP little Noodle.
default_bye-sad.gif

Awwww. You tried your best, and both Noodle and mom know that. Big Hugs
default_wub.png

Oh No! I am SO sorry Lori. You did all you could for her. RIP Little Noodle. HUGS....................
default_sad.png
default_bye-sad.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Latest posts

Back