Sharing a recipe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my nephew said his girlfriend had a delicious receipt for a tossed salad she wanted us to all try. I'm thinking
default_rolleyes.gif
"a receipt for a tossed salad?" Just seemed kinda foolish. Everybody knows how to make a tossed salad. They came to dinner and she fixed it. Well I gotta tell ya everyone went back for seconds or more. Then I fixed it yesterday and the same thing happened. Thought you all might like to have it. It's definitely a hit with everyone around here who tries it.

Crunchy Tossed Salad

1 head of iceburn lettuce, torn

4 green onions, sliced

6 slices of crumbled cooked bacon

1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds*

1/3 cup of toasted almonds*

3/4 cup chow mein noodles

*toast sesame seed and almonds by putting in a pan in a 350 oven for about 5 minutes (until lightly browned or you can do it in a skillet over very low heat)

Dressing

1/2 cup veg oil

1/4 cup sugar

2 Tbsp cider vinegar

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Put everything in a large bowl in order listed, then pour dressing over and toss to coat. I like to put the sesame seed and almonds on while they're hot because it tends to wilt the lettuce a bit.

She said you could substitute ham or shredded chicken (or turkey maybe) for the bacon and it makes a good light lunch.

Anyway 5 people cleaned up it before the meal was done. Twice. It really is very good!

Mmmm...sounds refreshing! I never thought of putting sesame seeds in my salads altho I do go the sunflower seed route every now and then. Thanks for sharing that!

Back