Shameless Art Brags

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
I've been so busy with classes that I haven't had the time to post here much but I do check out the posts when I do have time.

Wanna see what I've been up to? (not sure if I've posted some of these in the past).

Dictator-in-the-box (sculpy, wood, fabric, springs and shrinky dink):

288874315.jpg

Self Portrait (Prismacolor colored pencils) - this was hanging in an area museum all summer:

304859079.jpg

"Thai Trade on the Khlong darnoen Saduak" (watercolor) - also hung in the museum all summer:

315183165.jpg

"She's Mine" (oil on board) - portrait for a friend although unfortunately I don't have a photo of it completed:

315538291.jpg

"Morning Chores" (charcoal):

344417407.jpg

"Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" (oil on board) - had to illustrate a song:

346010573.jpg

2 - Pet portraits for a (very small) commission (Prismacolor colored pencil):

345213705.jpg
345348776.jpg

I have some interesting classes coming up that I'll be able to get some really good work out of.

Is the self portrait on black paper?
It's on a charcoal illustration board (the same color as the bottom prismacolor drawings), but you can not see any of the board color through the Prismacolor. The pencil is on there in layers to the point that they're very thick, and then was buffed and sprayed to keep the wax from coming back up. I probably should scan that one as a photo just doesn't seem to work well for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are another amazing artist! All you guys just blow me away with your talent.

Very nice work! Have you been drawing all of your life? I have nowhere near your talent, but have been wanting to pick up a paintbrush again....have to set aside room for a studio first.
default_smile.png

Jan

Thanks guys!

Very nice work! Have you been drawing all of your life? I have nowhere near your talent, but have been wanting to pick up a paintbrush again....have to set aside room for a studio first.
default_smile.png
Jan
I have kind of been drawing forever, but I didn't know at ALL what I was doing. I kept to "safe" things that I knew and never ventured in to other areas (never drew a person until I started classes.
If you're interested in starting I suggest taking a basic class (many art institutes have basic classes for non-students) to get you started. It will help you to figure out things you would have never guessed at and may prevent you from making bad habits in to permanent habits.

Wow...those are fantastic. I love how you are very diverse! The lab one and the milking one are my favorites!
default_firstprize.gif

Thanks! I have to be diverse.......I'm studying Illustration so I need to be proficient in several different mediums and styles.

[SIZE=14pt]H-O-L-Y C-O-W!!![/SIZE]

I AM IN AWE OF YOUR TALENT!
default_new_shocked.gif

I mean that from my heart. You are awesome!!

Latest posts

Back