Seriously ? Miniature bareback broncs????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've known a few families that raise bucking broncs for the rodeo circuit (I live pretty close to the world famous Bucking Horse Sale in Miles City MT). Most of the herd mares were proven bucking horses that have been retired to brood mares, and these families had no issues whatsoever w/ going in to the pasture, hopping up on the mares and riding them around. Not just adults, but their younger children as well. True rodeo families are just like you and I, they care for their stock (whether that's bulls for bareback, broncs, or roping steers), and they have animals that are considered family too. I understand that there is those "cowboys" out there giving the good rodeo folks a bad name, and that's all anyone seems to ever see.. it's a shame that people don't educate themselves before trashing a sport.

As far as the bucking mini, a little absurd, but doesn't seem any different than the little kiddos riding sheep!

Sometimes it amazes me the things that people will get their underwear in a twist over. Now....if your were truly a "Purist" - then a horse/pony should never be ridden, should never pull a cart or carriage, or even have a halter on its head. That little horse was clearly enjoying itself. The kid was enjoying himself. The horse/pony is obviously well cared for, as is all rodeo stock because that is the owner's bread and butter. So for those that feel this is all wrong....perhaps you should unhitch your own horse or take off that saddle and never do it again. These animals are WAY better off than many animals in some of these homes where they are supposedly much loved but the owner doesn't have the first clue about nutrition, worming, vaccinations, how to prevent founder, thrush, white line, etc. 'nuff said.

Latest posts

Back