SELLING HORSES...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENWOODMINIS

Reaction score
This year I have been showing the National Show horse circuit in driving (trying to learn more) and, as the finals are approaching :eek: and, I am preparing - I saw something that I think is a wonderful idea for offering our show horses for sale at the World and National show.

If your horse is being offered for sale...a blue dot is added right below your back number...and, in the program booklet - they have the blue dot beside the horses information as well. I know the AMHA World booklet includes the sire and dam...owner etc...which is very helpful...but, the NSH booklet will also give a brief discription of the horse for sale. I am not sure what AMHR's booklet is like...perhaps it already has all this information.

That way you could follow a horse you were interested in and, track what it does all week...plus, you wouldn't have to search all week looking for something that was for sale. Some people just come to buy...thats what we did when we really started looking for our foundation stock.

And, with showing yourself all week...if your like us running around like crazy people
default_wacko.png
: ... you just don't have the time to go hunting. I know there must be some amazing horses that are for sale and, perhaps they get loaded back in trailers to head home at the end of the show because know one knew they were for sale
default_wink.png
:

anyway...just food for thought

lis

What a terrific idea! Thanks so very much for sharing it. I shared the idea with my directors and they took the ball and I just got a call from the AMHA office that this WILL be done at the World Show the end of the month. Won't have the notation of which horses in the program are for sale, but owners of any horses that are for sale can ask at the show office for a sticker that will be put on the number. There will be a notation in the show program as to what the "dot" means. I have never heard of this before, but what a great idea!

That's a great idea! Thank you Lis

Thank you Tony for your prompt responds

What's about a VIP lounge for folks from overseas and we Americans ( don't laugh Tony) can go in to greet and meet, have a nice mini talk.

Anita

We also did a lot of our shopping at shows, and if something like this had been in place, our herd would've probably been a lot larger. Excellent idea, and it will save a lot of random barn wandering for the spectators set on buying.

Tony, thats GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!! You are the Man that gets the job done :aktion033: I really think it will be a wonderful thing for both sellers and buyers at the world show!

Just think of how simple it will make it for buyers :new_shocked: and be advertising for the sellers in the process.

Thank you for running with the ball...boy, you get things done
default_yes.gif
: !!!!

lis

Well this is a great idea! Thank you Gre3enwoodminis! And thank you Tony for getting it implemented!

Charlotte

Thank you Lis and Tony!! I think it's a great idea!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back