Seen any good(or bad) movies lately?:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to the movies yesterday. H wanted to see the X Men-Days of Future Past (or whatever the title is, I forget). I haven't seen any of the X Men movies-now I want to. This was GOOD!!! I think I am getting hooked on some of this sci-fi stuff and Marvel comics!

I think I will try to go see "Tammy". The people coming out of that theater exit seemed like they had enjoyed it. So it must be good enough. I figure it's probably just good for crazy laughs if not a real story line. I'm am sure it won't beat The Heat; but funny's funny sometimes!

Also want to see Hercules when it comes out soon. Lots of big screen filled up action. Myths are fun too.

It seems like there is a lot of great summer movies this year! I'd like to see every one mentioned! LOL! My son just went and seen That Dragons 2 movie( not sure the real name of it
default_whistling.gif
). He said it was a great sequel, but he really liked the first one so it's kinda given that he'd like this one too! LOL!

Has any one seen the commercials for the new tv series starting this fall called "Gotham"! It looks sooo good! I'll be watching it for sure!!!
default_thumbup.gif
I sure hope it's good, the idea has a lot of potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen America? I want to see that
default_smile.png

I've seen "Under the Tuscan Sun" several times already, but when it popped up on Netflix I just HAD to watch it again!

LOVE IT!

I finally got a chance to see Gravity with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. I thought it was great! If you have not seen it a word of caution do not eat right before hand! LOL! I did and it was definitely a mistake! Great movie though!!

Tab asked about America. We went to see it yesterday. It had a couple of history lessons in it that I am glad I learned. We rarely go to a movie. Some time back we agreed to make one a year. Haha. I think he is currently in debt to me for a couple of more. He insisted we go see America, which is fine, but now he is going to have to take me to one of the action packed ones that previews showed.

I just saw gravity too, amazing that with mostly only one actor for 90 % of the whole movie, just how riveting it was. I was on the edge of my seat. I also watched the transporter, and the transporter 2. High action flicks... pretty entertaining.

I also saw a very unusual titled film called "passion fish"... rather amazing flick about a woman dealing with her paralysis from an accident. I had passed it by so many times because of the title and description, but when I finally did watch it, I stayed up late and watched the whole thing. It was a great film I highly recommend.

Thanks Ryan. Unfortunately, I just missed it playing at the theater, as my Dad is visiting from out of province and it ended Tuesday night. :-( I will have to be sure to try and catch it at some other time, on TV or something I guess.

Hercules starts this weekend. Want to see that. Wanted to check out "Chef", but didn't get to. Maybe I'll rent it or something.

Sunday after church I went to see Hercules 3D and it was AWESOME. I really liked it! One of the best movies Dwayne Johnson has ever played in. I LOVED Ian McShanes part as Amphiaraus and John Hurt as Lord Cotys..just all around good. I was worried about it being cheesy and almost chose the new Planet of the Apes but I'm glad I watched it.

We watched Robocop last night (netflix). I left the room for some of the scenes, but my husband really enjoyed it. The air traffic tower where he worked recently was chosen for drones to be based at; drones are an ethical question that citizens need to be thinking about.

We saw Hercules, but not in 3D. It was good. Only thing that grumped me a very teeny bit was that all the cool scenes in the trailer they show were in the first five minutes of the movie!
default_thumbdown.gif
Still very good.

The James Brown movie might be good ("Get On Up") and was thinking "Guardians of the Galaxy" looked kind of interesting. Really liked "Jersey Boys" and want to get that DVD and "Malificent" when they go cheaper on Amazon.
default_firstprize.gif

Also think "The Hundred Foot Journey" might be very good. Seems like a good cast.

Watched UNFINISHED SONG on Netflix. It was a real tear jerker for me. It was rated 4 stars and Vanessa Redgrave played the part of an elderly wife reaching the end of her struggle with cancer. Her joy was in being part of a senior choir that had a young female choir director that had the old folks singing everything from pop to heavy metal. Her husband although loving her dearly was a grouch and was trying to take good care of her. Aside from the choir it reminded me so much of my own parents struggle.

Guardians of the Galaxy looked "cheesy" to me when I saw the trailers... The movie was good and actually had us rolling (in the theater) a couple of times. Also, had us riveted to our seats and then jumping... And we saw it in regular format.

Lucy was one I wanted to see. It looked like it was similar to ones I like. and I did like it... but it was also "lacking" at a couple of points. Don't know how it could have been better/different. Wouldn't see it again in the theater - but would like to see it again on tv/netflix/rental... Don't really want to own it, though.

Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! YAY - it was awesome!!! We watched the first one years ago in Germany when it first came out. Our daughters grew up on the first one and then the next one. This one - I was not really excited about seeing because I didn't know just how they could improve it w/o ruining it. I usually don't like copies! It wasn't a copy and it was great!

I think hubby and I have another movie date next Saturday - but not sure which one we will go see.

Has anyone seen the Kingsman? or is that one out yet? It's been advertised here for a while, but I've only seen one trailer -very short.

Into the Storm came out - anyone seen it? What's it like? I LOVED Twister and 2012. Kinda want to see this one...

Finally I got a chance to see American Hustle. Wow was that a long move! LOL! I thought it was watchable. Would I watch it again no, not on purpose. I did think Christian Bale's acting and makeup was great!

Latest posts

Back