Seen any good(or bad) movies lately?:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm never sure about going to the movies alone; but I am considering going to "Mom's Night Out" this afternoon. Otherwise, maybe H and I will go see "Million Dollar Arm" tomorrow. It looks like fun. Still waiting on "Malificent" (sp???) which opens next weekend here.

Husband and I went and saw Blended with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. Pretty funny. Good for a laugh.

Went and saw Maleficent today. I have been waiting to see it. It was told somewhat different from the Disney animation "Sleeping Beauty" and the fable tale; but it was really good! Angelina Jolie was great, I thought. She is so statuesque. They did her make up so her cheek bones were so defined. Costuming and special effects were marvelous. Really glad we saw it and I definitely am going to want a DVD when it comes out!

Performancemini, we saw it today too. I absolutely loved it! I don't think anyone but Angelina could have played that part. I'm tempted to go see it again.

That's what I was thinking too! Don't want to wait for the DVD-need a second showing right away! I too think Angelina was the best pick for the part! Also thought the anguish in her cries when she discovered her lost wings was amazing. Whoops! Don't want to let out too much and spoil it for others who may be going to see it!

My husband keeps asking if we have the Lone Ranger on DVD (Johnny Depp), so I have ordered it. I also ordered The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. We watched that last night. So funny! (bloopers too). That is the movie we took my husband's brother to see 2 weeks after he got out of the hospital after having lung surgery. OUCH! He laughed so much. Said it hurt, but was so good for his moral. He had some cancer on his lung. That was last year, now he is cleared to go. Maybe some laughing helped!

Went and saw the Tom Cruise movie "Edge of Tomorrow" this weekend. Surprising storyline-gives you a chuckle here and there. Won't tell you why. Thought it would be "OK" for me-but I liked it very much, as I am not that big a sci-fi fan usually.

I finally got around to watching Alex Cross based on a James Patterson book this weekend. I was totally surprised that I liked it. Now to watch Lone Ranger since so many of you say it's good.

This weekend "Jersey Boys" starts here. Really hope to see it. Clint Eastwood's the director and his movies seem to be quite good.

I've watched these 3 movies recently:

Godzilla

Maleficent

Edge of Tomorrow

My favorite was a very surprising, Edge of Tomorrow. AWESOME! I wasn't that impressed with Godzilla and I'm not sure why because normally that's the type of movie that's right up my alley. I think I just had such high expectations. Wasn't bad...just not that great, either.

I loved Maleficent
default_smile.png
I'll definitely be buying that one.

We saw Jersey Boys yesterday. Really good! I have heard it is supposed to be like the Broadway show; but wouldn't know. Just know I really liked it. Had to be good-everyone applauded at the end and went out singing "Sherry" with the credits and big smiles on most faces!

I saw Maleficent and How to Train Your Dragon 2. Both were AWESOME! I will be buying them the day they come out.

I just watched World War Z, that was scary! I'm going to watch it again with hubby. It's on netflix.

Anyone seen "Tammy" yet with Melissa McCarthy? I thought it looked hilarious and she is a real cut up; but the review in our local newpaper was rather poor.

I haven't seen it yet but Tammy does look really good. One I would like to see is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Latest posts

Back