Seahorse would like to say THANK YOU AGAIN!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Reaction score
After having been hit by Katrina six weeks ago, Seahorse Farm would like to say thank you again!!!!!!! Hay cannot be found in our area after the hurricane, but, through the efforts of our fellow mini owners, we received a God Send of 250 bales of hay! With winter coming on, that puts the horses in dire straights of how to get their roughage., So once again, wonderful miniature horse forum members, went to work and brought us 250 bales of hay to get us started for the winter.

There were many people that aren't in the horse industry that helped, as well as mini owners. I hope I don't leave anyone out, and if I do, rest assured it is not intentional. And as always, words can't express what my heart feels to everyone who has helped me.

I would like to say a huge thank you to Marty & Debbie Quist of HIDDEN MEADOWS MINIS, Jan Bryant of VINEYARD HILL MINIS, and to the best lady "18 wheeling-- hay toting" driver I have ever met---Jan Tobey of MARS-MONTROSE MINIS. Beware Jan T., ! Just let that little Karin Santangelo of NAKAR MINIS, get ahold of your rig, and she might give someone a run for their money. :>) They put the trip together, and all of them left their homes, lives, and jobs, to transport the donated hay all the way from Chicago, Illinois to the farm in Mississippi. What a fun and big hearted crew! An un-named gentleman from Chicago, who prefers to remain anonymous donated all the hay! He does not read our forum, but Marty promised he would thank the un-named benefactor for the hay, plus others who preferred to remain in the background.

There were many others who donated for the expenses of such a large undertaking. I would like to publicly thank the following, and please forgive me if I accidentally leave anyone out. And the horses send big slurpy kisses, as they will think of you this winter for filling their tummies:

CHANCES MINI RESCUE, Mary Lou McEachern of LIL BEGINNINGS, KNOLLAC FARM, Joan Brown, Lisa Judd, Jean and Ed Estes, Karen Wales, Dot and Dewey Olander, Sue Johnson, Deb Meyer, Jim and Ellie Wheeler, Sylvia Laitig, Mark Shank, Rob Huschen, Bill Matlock and Jack Johnston.

Without their caring and yours, I don't know what I would have done in order to feed these horses, when hay cannot be found in the "Katrina Area". It truly was a massive undertaking, and when I saw them trucking down the highway coming to meet me, I kept thinking to myself,---""oh, IF only all the LIL BEGINNINGS members and benefactors could see their peers representing them in such a heart touching way"! There wouldn't be a dry eye in the group. There went my mascara and eyeliner!

Thank you to EVERYONE

Seahorse Farm

Ann

biggrin.gif
Thanks Ann, for the wonderful hospitality, meals, and for a wonderful place to rest for the night. I still can not believe the work you (and all) have done in the few short weeks since the storm. Your family is great and Dody just hugable ! You have transformed the devastation into a home again and I know things will continue to get better, day by day.
aktion033.gif

We arrived at Jan B's about 4:30 Monday and I left there at 7:15 this morning, getting home to my "babies" about 2:00 today (Tuesday).

Remember, all of you, Karin, Monette, and you, certainly, are always welcome here and in the trailer at any of the shows where our paths cross.
smile.gif

My dear ones were very happy to see me come home and all were calling and nickering as I walked up to the pastures - even Karin's "Clint" who is so sweet, came running up to the fence. Ruby is glad to be home and after sharing our dinner she's already curled up on the bed - waiting for me.
wink.gif

Give everyone a hug from me, especially Rista - he's absolutly fantastic. Take care, relax a bit, and start planning your trip to Oklahoma !!!!!!!
wub.gif
Love ya kiddo !!
wub.gif

hi ann

im so happy your hay got there!! This entire group has been so great to work with. Im in awe of your ability to stay so upbeat and so caring about other people while going thru this tragedy!

kay

Ann I am so glad that you are ok.. I know there is lots of work to be done but so grateful you are alright.

Latest posts

Back