Scary TV Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Have any of you watched "Paranormal State" on A&E? Some of the episodes were pretty scary, I thought! I just recently started watching it.

Also, I hope there will be new episodes of "A Haunting" this year. THAT is a show that really is scary (and that I can't get enough of!).

The other day, I saw "A Haunting in Georgia" ran again on TLC or Discovery, I think, and I didn't watch it again but have seen it and SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a grown woman and just like when I was a kid, cannot get my fill of scary things on TV and also just like when I was a kid, I best not watch that stuff alone when it's dark (I'd like to pretend I'm joking but the truth is I'm not!)
hairraise.gif

Have any of you seen these shows? Or know of other scary tv (or movies)?

Last edited by a moderator:
i've seen the commercials for Paranormal state but I can never bring myself to watch it. I used to love scary movies and tv shows, but now not so much. The ghost stuff especially creep me out so I stay away from those so I can fall asleep at night.

I haven't heard about that show. What day and time does it come on? I love this stuff!! Every Wednesday evening I am glued to the TV watching Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fi channel. Now they are going international and checking out castles-OOOoooo my favorite. Their new season begins in March but there are still plenty of re runs I am watching now.

I have watched 'A Haunting' before and it scares the living daylights out of me. I cannot do scary movies or horror movies, but, i can never change the chanel for some reason.

I was watching an episode of 'A Haunting', and in the eppy a girl was going down a hallway and she turned around and this black ghost was floating there and looked evil. We have a long hallway in our house like that, at night im always scared to turn around and see something standing in the hallway.
default_new_shocked.gif

I have no scary movie/tv show tollerence BUT i can never turn the channel
default_wink.png
:DOH!

Yes, I have watched Paranomal State and it's been pretty good. I have also seen some of The Hauntings.......a few of them have been really good! I forgot what city it was but these people had two sons and one lived in the basement and was taken over by the entity that was haunting the home. That was pretty creepy.
default_new_shocked.gif

The only thing l will watch nowadays that is scarey is the news....

Once I start watching a scary show, I cannot stop watching. And, the ones that are true (or supposedly true) are the ones that REALLY scare me. Horror movies don't, but I love them anyway.

One kind of embarassing thing I will tell on myself is that when The Blair Witch Project first came out and I saw it (right when it first came out), I thought it was supposed to be true!!! DUH!!!!!! I mean, I watched the whole movie in the theatre and was really creeped out to the point I ran back inside one night right after when I'd taken my dogs out for the night (we are surrounded by woods).

The Paranormal State? (<--- link) show comes on A&E on Monday nights. It's 1/2 hour long and about a group of students from Penn State who investigate paranormal events.

I don't think I've seen it yet, but will keep an eye out on it now. One thing that creeps me out and raises the hair on my neck is at times late at night I'll be sitting watching the TV...the pups are sleeping and the house is real quiet. So it's just me watching the TV...and when I'm watching something scarey I start to scare myself! As I go walking thru the house to do something when a commercial is on or when the program is over I end up turning on all the lites in the house just to get from point A to point B. :Cold-Scared I still like the scarey stuff tho...on TV or at the theater!

Yup my family watches it. We enjoy most ghost/paranormal shows. I'm a big fan of TAPS (Ghost Hunters)on the scifi channel.They seem to be fairly objective in their investigations.

Jill don't feel bad a about Blair Witch. I thought it was true too! LOL :DOH!

I LOVE all that kind of stuff, it's pretty much all I watch.
default_yes.gif

But to be honest, none of it scares me. I wish it would!
default_laugh.png

To me all that stuff is fun or interesting and not scary.

It's been a life long interest and I guess I'm used to it.

Or maybe I've seen too many ghosts in my life
default_wink.png

I just love watching most of those shows!
default_aktion033.gif

This is fun
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Cheyenne, I do the same as you when I've watched something scary at night. Turn on lights from point A to point B. Sometimes even make H go with me to keep me safe
default_wacko.png

I love scary stuff! We don't have cable or the dish but we have rented a few scary movies lately. Holloween directed by Rob Zombie.... YUCK!!! Good but YUCK!!! And 1408 based on a Stephen King book(I think!). That was good, more spirits and stuff like that. I must admit.... scary things that involve the bathroom tub or mirror(or anything in the bathroom!!!) seem to scare me the most!! LOL!
default_rolleyes.gif
And yep I'm a person who turns all the lights on too durring or after a good scary movie!!!!! LOL!!!
default_biggrin.png

Leya

Reading about Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween reminded me because of his name. We watched 28 Weeks Later the other day. It's the sequal to 28 Days Later and OMG!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Zombie movies don't scare me but I could watch them every day (my favorites!!!).

Haven't seen, but will stop and look at it if I see that it's on, now, thanks to your recommend.
default_smile.png

Liz

default_saludando.gif
Hi Jill!

Those are my 2 FAVORITE shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM! Unfortuneately I can't watch the haunted on the Discovery channel but that's on during the day time, so I only get to watch it if I'm home because me or the kids are sick.

I LOVE that kind of stuff........ I know that stuff happens and have had some freaky stuff happen to me a few times as a kid that makes me want to believe that stuff is real.....

But I love "real" stuff like that!!
default_laugh.png

default_biggrin.png
I too am a scary show and movie freak!!! I love 'A Haunting" and have watched it on the web too. I have not caught the A& E show, but I like thier others so I will have to check it out.

As far as movies Exorcist is my all time scariest.

or Amityville Horror, this one I remember watching as a toddler! I remember going into bed with my parents! I have been to the house, and the cool church was a church in my town St. Peters.

Corny but scary is Evil Dead, the first one.

Blair witch, I was not too scared for, but the idea is great! We had scary woods we went to with the Jersey Devil or satanists or Pinies, which are crazy people who live waaaaay out in the Pine barrons. LOL my whole family are into scary stuff! But now, I look back and man was I a dork! being so scared with my older sister in the woods! but back then some of my girl freinds would cry they were so scared!
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh, I agree The Exorcist is so scary!! There is a documentary I've seen on Discovery in the past about it. I think it may even have been 2 hours long. It's not about the movie, but about the story the movie is based on and it scared me even worse than the movie.

We saw one episode of Paranormal State and we liked it!

I love stuff like that. However I am not into gore movies at all!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back