SCAM???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
Good to hear back from you. I'm okay with the price and the condition.

Presently, I am always busy at work and do not

have much time around me to make or answer calls. Moreover, I would have loved

to call but our satellite server has been down in recent days which

restricts our calls. I will be paying you through PayPal as it is the

only Medium at which i can send Payment at the Moment.

I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too

since i won't be be able to see this in person. And if you don't have a

PayPal account, It's pretty easy to set up a PayPal account at

www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from signing up. it's

safe and secure for both Parties and i have been using PayPal to buy

and sell for years

now without problems. Pls get back to me with your PayPal email so i

can proceed with the payment and contact the Pick up Agent who will

come for the Pick up of the item.

I will need these following details so i can proceed with the payment right away

1:Your PayPal e-Mail Address

2: Home Address

As soon as you get back to me with your PayPal email, I'll proceed

with full Payment. I look forward to reading from you soon.

Regards

Victoria

I got this email today. Is it a scam?

It sure sounds like it!

Why try to pay before seeing the photos they mention wanting to see?

a scam to get your paypal info, I think.

What is "it" that they are interested in buying? If a horse, I would say definitely a scam, but if an item, such as a jacket or something, then it could be valid. The only thing that I wonder, is why they would be asking for your address?? There is NO NEED for them to have your address, since you'd be shipping to them, and they certainly don;t need it to send PayPal payment.

Yes, deffinately fishy. Never follow a link in an email either. I don't understand the pay pal thing though.......regardless, deffinately sound too generic to be real.

Of course it's a scam. And if their life is so busy they can't make time to communicate with you, they don't have time for a horse.

I did reply to this. I said that I needed to know who "IT" was for ("it" is my 5 year old stallion), what their skill leval was and where "IT" would be kept. I also said I would "have to talk to them". I don't want to send my horse just anywhere and to just anyone. What would they get out of it for me to send a money request from paypal?

Well most definitely it IS, WITHOUT A DOUBT a scam then, if it was a horse that you were advertising!

Pay Pal is a huge scam ....Yahoo is also scamming at the moment. Anything that uses words that are not personal or spacific to you , is a scam....to be honest i believe FB has a lot to do with it.

I work at a bank and yes, it's a scam. No matter what the email says, the embedded link will take you not to PayPal, but to something that the scammers put together in attempt to gather your personal information and steal your identity (at the very least).

A good rule of thumb is if the URL doesn't begin with 'https', it's not secure. Many generic websites begin simply with 'http' - that's not a problem in and of itself, unless it's a site that requires your personal information. Check it out next time you're on a legitimate secure site (like your bank's online banking site, the real PayPal, etc.).

Huge scam ... the reason they want you to use paypal is that if they complain, paypal will take the money back out of your account and refund it to them in an instant. Anytime a buyer wants "it" , there is no doubt its a scam.

Don't get caught up in their little game

It's a very, very common scam. Best not to answer at all and never click any links but since you did answer just ignore anything else or you'll end up with so called money orders they want you to cash. Doesn't do any good blocking emails cause once they know they've reached a valid email address, they just keep on getting new ones. If you clicked the PayPal link, change all your passwords now and also run a virus scan on your computer. If you didn't click a link, you should be okay.

Back