Saying goodbye to a charismatic cat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhea

Reaction score
I just needed to vent and put up a memorial somewhere for my cat, 'Bear', who we lost yesterday. He was a real character, we have an older kitten (5 months old) and Bear immediately adopted him - the kitten would jump onto "Bear's Chair" and Bear would clean him up as the kitten tried to nurse
default_rolleyes.gif
: . We got him from a humane society that was closing down and needed to place all their animals so they wouldn't have to be put down. He's been with us two years. Yesterday I came home from a few days training with my horse, then had to quickly get ready to go out again. I went out to put stuff in my car and turned to see Bear. It looked like a crime scene. I had to watch him go. Just before it was over he looked up at me and I thought it would rip my heart out. We're not sure what happened to him - my mom was thinking maybe a heart attack but we just don't know. I had to leave soon after and was sobbing the whole two hour drive. Everytime I look across from where I'm sitting and see "his" chair empty I just don't think I can take it. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if I hadn't seen how much he suffered in his final moments while I couldn't do anything to help him.

RIP Bear

With one of our foals...I cry everytime I see this now
default_wub.png
:

mattie.jpg

I'm very sorry.........losing one of the special ones is very hard.

MA

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I am a cat lover and have been there. My thoughts are with you.
default_sad.png

default_sad.png
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose one of your furry family members. I love that picture though! What a great way to remember him.

I'm so sorry. It's hard enough to lose them, and so much worse when they go badly that way.

My mom said a friend of hers described something similar with one of her cats a few years ago--she can't remember just what the friend said about it, but it was very bad--an embolism she thinks it was?

RIP Bear.

Aww, I'm so sorry he had to go.

I still miss my Nootie girl. She died Dec. 11, 2004. She was nearly 11, and it was not nearly enough time with her. They sure manage to get under our skin, don't they?

He is not in any pain, now, though, no matter what happened to him, and he knows and feels your love and I believe he would want you to feel his, his gratitude for the life you gave him.

What a cute pic!

Liz M.

So sorry about your Bear, I have two kitties at the rainbow bridge that will look out for him. I know that Liz's Nootka is also there. He will be in good company.

Lyn

Latest posts

Back