Sawdust???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
I need help with fly control in my barn. They dont even go in that often and when they do we constently clean it. We have matts down. I didnt like sawdust because of the foal. They are old enough now. I was also thinking about getting that autmatic spray. ANy ideas???

Thanks

Sawdust doesn't seem to help- we tried the fly parasites( didn't work fast enough)fly stripes, crystal poisons went to the automatic spray this week- - it is under control at the moment
default_wacko.png
:

Cedar shavings are probably the best for bug control.......but some horses can have an allergic reaction to the cedar. So, to be safe, you might want to mix pine shavings in with the cedar.

MA

You know what? That is exactly what I did. I bought 5 bags of wood and one bag of cedar. I will keep you posted.

I need help with fly control in my barn. They dont even go in that often and when they do we constently clean it. We have matts down. I didnt like sawdust because of the foal. They are old enough now. I was also thinking about getting that autmatic spray. ANy ideas???

Thanks

Lately I have had great luck :aktion033: with fly paper/strips. The ones you can purchase for about 35 cents each. I tried the bags and domes that you fill with water, but they do not work for very long, are not cheap$ and STINK :no: . I change them once a week and keep the stalls clean. I use the pine pellet shavings.

Good Luck

V

Latest posts

Back