Sales?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had two for sale all summer and only one inquirey. I have a website and have posted on the shetland board. Guess the problem is that they are both mature driving horses. I had my eye on one I wanted and hubby says no more until at least one goes!

l found it really hard almost like pulling teeth to sell anything last year...but this year since the middle of June we've sold 5 geldings 2 yearling fillies a mature mare and a this year colt who isn't weaned till Sept...l have to also say some of our shows this summer had more entries then last year which was really nice...
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

We have sold everything we had for sale this year. Prices |seemed| down to last year -- BUT last year we sold driving horses & bred mares & mares with foals on side - this year we had young stock -- no show record , not in foal etc so not selling the same stuff, it just "seemed| like prices were better last year/

We had a stallion with a show record - small -29inches - got our asking price on him so no complaints really here.

However, it is always easier to buy than sell. I can always find a horse I would love to own LOL. Bought two after Nationals last year. Have bred the mare & am showing the stallion. We have some foals coming off him next year as well.

This year has been slower than last year (sold/placed 19 Minis in 2010), but in this economy I'm "YEAH" with any serious inquiry/sale. I think we're in the 5-6 range of sold so far, split between other breeders and first time/pet owners.

We have only purchased one, traded one and looking at another potential trade. We did take in eleven rescues in 2010 and seriously hope I get zero this year!

There are alot of tire-kickers out there, you know "I want a bred mare, that drives, in foal for a low price, preferably double registered and loud homozygous pinto!" types, but definitely less 'serious' buyers.

I had a guy come and ask if I had anything I would sell. I told him I would sell my Stallion. He asked how much and I gave a price. But I told him I wanted to get him into harness and I needed to get his "R" papers too. His next question was "How much without the papers and training?" I gave him another price and thank God it was just out of this guys range. He shipes them to Mexico.

Nope! Mine are all staying put.

Latest posts

Back