Safe-Guard Equi-bits Dewormer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverDollar

Reaction score
Safe-Guard® Equi-bits

0.5% Fenbendazole Deworming Pellets

(alfalfa-based pellet that can be mixed with any feed ration)

Has anyone used this dewormer? It's not the daily, continuous dewormer--it's a one day only method. I have a senior big guy that has become very difficult to deworm and thought this might be an alternative. Any experience with this product would be appreciated.

Thanks!

(I did a search on topics but couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been asked before.)

Fenbendazole as a one off wormer is not really very efficacious.

I believe that you can get an Ivermectin based, treat type, wormer that would be a far better bet.

I have used Strongid C 2x daily dewormer with good results, however I did paste deworm on top of that. I like daily dewormers on young horses that tend to get that "pot belly" and it has worked wonders on my baby show horses.

However, I don't think I would use it exclusively for deworming, as I feel that rotating wormers is important.

Have you tried mixing paste dewormers in your horse's feed? Some horses that don't like to be syringed, can eat their paste if hidden...

Andrea

I got some as free samples when I bought the Safe-Guard paste a few years ago. But my Minis all refused to eat it, they all dumped their buckets of grain and wasted it. I had to go thru and deworm them all with the paste anyway. If you don't have a real picky eater it would work, but all of my guys were too smart!

I use fenbendzole in my rotation of paste dewormers.

Latest posts

Back