Sad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefeather

Reaction score
Just received this in an email. Thought I would pass it on. Very sad.

Pam

"I wish the news i was passing on was better. I spoke with Sandy Fox last week and had an email from her yesterday. Sandy herself had a brain tumor removed as out patient and was waiting on the results of test, but her husband Gary Knapper was at the time I spoke with her on the phone in the hospital and was going to have to start dialisis. Her email yesterday said he had progressed rather fast and is now in the last stages and is terminal and she hoped to get him moved home for his last days. Sandy and Gary need all our prayers and here at the holidays these things way heavy on all our minds. Sandy has judged many shows that we have all exhibited at and has worked for IMHOA shows several times over the last several years for those who cannot place her she has always donned a large hat and changes it throughout the day. This is her trade mark so to speak. Again keep them in your prayers. There is power in prayer."

Prayers to Sandy and her husband.

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: We will be praying for the family.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Keep us posted.

take care,

melissa
default_wub.png
: :hypocrite: will be watching over her.

Last edited by a moderator:
:no:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: Hope Sandy can take Gary home and that their last days together be good! May the :hypocrite: watch over both of them. They are in our thoughts and prayers!
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: Hope Sandy can take Gary home and that their last days together be good! May the :hypocrite: watch over both of them. They are in our thoughts and prayers!

Oh, that is such sad news. I don't know them myself, but I know how cancer can wreak havok in our lives and for both of them to be going through this horrible stuff, I can't begin to imagine. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

~Karen

Sandy and Gary are both those "larger than life" kinds of people. Fun, interesting, and just GOOD people. Going shopping with Sandy is way more than shopping...it is an adventure. When Gary came into her life, her life started over again, and this is just so sad. They are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Bless them both. I'm so sorry to hear this tragic news. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting them. My prayers are with them and their families.

i have shown under sandy quite a few times. really seeing what she is going thru really puts things in perspective. Sandy i am sending you prayers for both you and your husband

That is so sad... my prayers are with them both. Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear the sad news of Sandy and Gary, they were the Judge and Steward at the Miniature Horse Classic show held in Hookstown Pa this past mid July. They are really nice people. Our thoughts and prayers are going out to them in this difficult time.

I have also shown under Sandra Fox, and am sorry to hear of what she's going through, along with her husband. My thoughts are with them, and I wish it were enough to make it all alright again.

I hope for as much peace, and comfort as they need, to help with the stress and pain they have ahead of them.

Liz M.

Prayers coming from us as well..bad things do happen to good people
default_sad.png
:no:

We are praying for Gods peace for them at this time.... Sandy lost her mother this year also... Very sad for her . She has given so much to us in the mini and shetland world.

Lyn

We of course don't show but can feel the impact they have made on the mini horse world. Prayer going out here for strength and peace at this time.

Maxine

I pray for peace and the best outcome for both of them. Sometimes it seems that troubles are heaped unfairly on one.

Last week on Wednesday, I put a post on the Back Porch, a fairly "discreet" one. The title was something like Would You Please Pray for These People. It didn't get many reads or replies, but I didn't want to be broadcasting it to the world yet. Then a couple of days ago, I started another thread and have added a couple of updates as well.

Just to clarify a couple of points.... Sandy and I are very close frieds, and we've become even closer during this ordeal. On Nov. 28, she had a brain tumor removed which, just today, was confirmed as benign!!!! THANK GOD!!!! This of course was major, major surgery and would have been more than enough to deal with on its own. She was out of the hospital and back home two days later and has been recovering (physically) reasonably well, all things considered. She had the stitches removed yesterday.

Meanwhile, Gary has been coping with his own major health issues. On Nov. 19, he underwent an ablation (pardon the non-medical terminology here, but it was meant to improve his blood circulation and thereby provide him with more oxygen). He did manage to spend three days at home following hospitalization for about a week after the procedure, but has been in again since then. His kidneys are failing, and he started dialysis last week. His heart is also very weak, and therefore his blood pressure is very low, especially when he's having his dialysis treamtments, and therefore he can't even be considered for a kidney transplant. He is indeed terminal, but no one knows how much longer he has, whether it's days, weeks or months. He still chooses to "fight", so fight they will, as Sandy put it. Hopefully he'll make it until Christmas when his family will be gathering with them.

I'm going to Michigan tomorrow to visit them, and I'll be sure to let them know that now even MORE people are praying for them. I know they'll appreciate it soooo much. And so do I. Sandy is not only a dear friend to me, but she has been my mentor for a few years now I guess. She taught me so much about showing, and was a huge help to me as I worked towards getting my Judges Card last month. As someone noted above, she is definitely "larger than life", and one of the happiest, most positive, supportive, encouraging, and loving people I know. To see her so down and so sad just breaks my heart. As Lyn mentioned, Sandy lost her mom in early January this year, and things have gone downhill from there. Of course there have been some brilliant, shining moments as well, but it's really been a hard year for both she and Gary. Please pray for strength and encouragement for them, and let them be reminded that brighter days are ahead.

If any of you would care to send a card to Gary, his address is Mr. Gary Knapper, c/o Select Hospital, 300 North Ave., 6th Floor, Battle Creek MI 49017. It would really cheer him up.

I will continue to post updates on the Back Porch. My warmest thanks to all of you for your concern and prayers for these two very special people.

Latest posts

Back