Sad news....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I had Stary Nights new foal put down this morning. :no: He had a cleft palate and his lungs were filling with fluid everytime he nursed. There is not a reasonable surgery to correct the problem and the one that can be done, doesn't have a very good outcome. So, there was no choice left but to put him down so he wouldn't suffer further. So sad as he was gorgeous.

So sorry Becky. I guess you were posting this while I was replying on the other thread.
default_sad.png

Becky, I am so sorry to hear about Starry's foal. He was so gorgeous. My heart just sank when I saw your post. I hope Starry is doing okay. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Sheila
default_sad.png

Hi Becky,

I'm new to the forum so you probably don't know me yet. But let me be the first to say how terrible sorry I am for your loss. I seen his pic and he was beautiful. It's so sad to lose a foal. My prayers are with you on this sad day.

OK, guess I wasn't the first. Quicker fingers got there before I got the post in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss.. He was a very handsome little guy. You did the right thing for the little guy. He won't be lonely, he'll be watching down on you and his momma.. YOu will be on my thoughts and prayers. Give Stary Nights a hug for me..

I am so sorry! What a terrible thing to go through but I'm sure you made the right desicion!

:no: OMG! Truely...what a terrible shame...he was so beautiful. :eek: Hugs... Hope your mare recovers well, and you too!! :no:

[SIZE=12pt]What a horrible experience for you to go threw! I know you did the right thing by the little guy. His suffering is over and he is running free now. [/SIZE]

Hope you & Stary Night recover quickly as you can.

Viki

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss, and what an aweful ending with all the excitment surrounding this little foal. Please know I am thinking of you.

Becky.

I am so very sorry for your loss...I saw his 1st pic and was waiting anxiously to see some dried off pics of him.....he looked so beautiful!! :no:

What awful news! He was indeed a beauty, I know you did the right thing but that just doesn't make this any easier. I am so, so sorry Becky.

Pam

I am so sorry Becky , We wait for a long time to get these little guys ,so when we lose them it is soooo hard,
default_pray.gif
: My prays are with you , Jody

Back