Sad news...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
I just need to get this off my chest, I am still a little sad.

I bought a new foal, at six days old. I met her and there was a connection, just one of those wonderful moments. I was so looking forward to bringing her home in August.

Two days later, I got a call from the breeder saying that the filly had died.
default_sad.png
Just one of those freak accidents, that no one could help. There was nothing anyone could do.

I am just sad, I know that I did not know her well but for some reason that does not ease the sadness.

I went home and hugged my alive and well herd.
default_cheekkiss.gif

I am so sorry. I can imagine you are heartbroken.

Also, as a breeder those things just happen sometimes. You can do your best to have everything right... and still... a tragic accident.

Hold on to your memory of seeing her for the first time!

I had a similar thing happen to me, but with a registered silky fainter buckling (goat)that I just ADORED. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him. I wanted him to be my herdsire. I got to own him for ONE day before he died of a freak medical condition. This happened in February and I still feel bad about it....if only.

I don't know what else to say other than I understand how you feel. There are always those certain souls that are meant for us...but only a very short time...and I have no idea why.

I am sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif

That's so sad, I'm very sorry
default_no.gif
I lost a weanling filly to colitis after Nationals a couple years ago. I had never met her in person but owned her since she was tiny and it really hurt when she died. Even if they lived elsewhere they are still yours and loved and it's ok to grieve <hug>

Thank you for all your kind words.
default_wub.png

I had a talk with her breeder last night and was informed that the breeder has two more foals coming. So, if one of them is a filly, I will be taking a look at her...hopefully all works out.

The breeder has been wonderful to work with, and I really love her horses.

Now it just comes down to waiting to see what those mares foal out.

Only four more weeks to wait!
default_smile.png

I received this in an email...it seemed fitting. "When God takes something from your grasp, He is not punishing you, but merely opening to your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God cannot protect you."

Latest posts

Back