Sad day at Redrock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_cowgirl

Reaction score
My little colt Redrock C Native American Flash, Nate, passed away last night at the vet hospital. Nate was almost 4 months old, so he was not weaned yet. Him and his mother had been at the hospital over a week because Nate had come down with pneumonia. The reports we got nearly every day were up and down, some days good some days a step backward. He continued to eat and nurse the whole time, so we all felt like that was a good sign. But, unfortunately, unexpected things happen.

We just picked up Ravin, his dam, and brought her home. She was glad to be home and be able to run around outside.

We're just sad right now, I especially. He was my only foal this year and he just had so much character and personality. He always made me laugh. And I really enjoyed seeing the bond between Nate and his brother.

Nate_CleanedUp.gif
Nate_World07_Small.jpg

Bunny_Hop_Color2_Reduced.jpg
Pete_Repeat_Small.jpg

(Nate is on the right in these pictures, the other is his brother Pointer.)

Nate and his brother and their dams all went to the World show. Nate brought home 2 top tens too, one in Mare & Foal and one in Best Matched Pair with his brother in the above pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh what a beautiful colt and what a sad loss. He and his brother were certainly a pair eh?

I know you must be SO glad you had the memories of Worlds and have his mother to try again for a fabulous colt like that..was she bred back?

Condolences,

Maxine

Yes, she was bred back, but to a different stallion this time. Nate was by Harts Tip Top Flash and Ravin was bred back to Redrock Magic Maker. I am anxiously waiting for the baby because it is guarenteed to be a black based pinto. Ravin is homozygous for black and Magic is homozygous for tobiano.

Royal M Ima Ravin Beauty

Ravin_World07_Cropped.jpg

Cammie, so very sorry to hear of the loss of Nate. I know that the weanling this year have really had a hard time with upper respiratory problems. I know my little ones have had coughs and runny noses off and on now for some time. Wish this weather would make up its mind to stay warm or cold.

Oh Reble, thats just gorgeous!!
default_wub.png
Thank you so much!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
That is just amazing, I can't think of any other words. Thank you sooo much!!

What a pretty boy, so sorry you lost him. We had trouble here for several months with sick weanlings, and finally diagnosed rhodococcus. Thankfully everyone seems to have survived it but we had some tough times with 6 weanlings being medicated for a LONG time.

Jan

Latest posts

Back