Saber's 1st R.E.A.D. visit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstardanes

Reaction score
Today I took Saber to one of our local elementary schools for his 1st time as part of the R.E.A.D. (Reading Education Assistance Dogs) program.

Not all READ pet partners are dogs.

READ is pet assisted therapy where a child reads to the animal.

Saber was great. He was quite attentive and affectionate to the two students who read to him today (one at a time). He was quite interested in the books themselves and the bright colored illustrations in these new books.

Saber occassionally would nudge the book or wiggle his lip to try to turn the page.. and sometimes would even try to lick the page.

Of course the students were all excited to see him at their school and even some of the school staff had to come by and see him.

I hope to get more and better photos during a future visit.. but so far here's one of Saber with his 1st reader.

goread3.jpg

Saber is one amazing miniature horse. Just love him.

Sounds like a interesting program. Hope you'll share more pictures & information about it.

Hurray for Saber's out helping children. Wonderful Ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's such a cute picture. I'm not sure whether Saber is looking at the pictures or reading along with the little boy.

Latest posts

Back