Rusty Acres Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they were there and they just turned off the cam. Didn't look good. Hope everything goes okay.
default_sad.png

Oh no, baby seemed to be stuck and then lost connection!! Praying for them!!

~Tammy

Oh no, baby seemed to be stuck and then lost connection!!
Stuck? As in a hiplock? At least that would be easy to fix... I hope everything was okay...
default_sad.png

I just read on the mare stare forum that she had a Filly, it was sunnyside up with one foot curled behind she is alive and breathing but weak.

They had the camera back up last night at about 11pm and I saw the foal lying in the strw with a bunch of brankets around it. But today, the camera is not working so I am guessing something bad happened to the foal.

I did not the farm. I was asking if anyone did since the mare was in such distress.

Well, the camera has gone off before and then back on so hoping ofor the best!! Wish someone here knew them so we could find out for sure! Prayers for that little filly!
default_sad.png

~Tammy

Hello All,

I was there and helped get the baby out, the filly was a red bag and unside down
default_sad.png
as of last evening the filly was holding her own, Ellen took her to the vet for plasma. She is eating well from a bottle and getting stronger but still not out of the woods, I've not talked to her yet this morning so I hope the filly is still improving. Please send prayers for this little fighter!

Oh, thanks so much for the update! I was watching the foaling and saw the trouble and then they shut off the camera! I have been wondering, hoping and praying ever since!! Lots of hugs and prayers going out to that filly!! Keep us posted!

~Tammy

Hello All,
I was there and helped get the baby out, the filly was a red bag and upside down
default_sad.png
as of last evening the filly was holding her own, Ellen took her to the vet for plasma. She is eating well from a bottle and getting stronger but still not out of the woods, I've not talked to her yet this morning so I hope the filly is still improving. Please send prayers for this little fighter!
Talked to Ellen a little bit ago, the filly is getting stronger and is able to get to her feet and eating well. She is living in the house right now and thinks she's a dog LOL, still a long way to go Keep the prayers coming.

That sounds great! I am so happy that they both are okay. I started watching th camera right when the mare went into labor and was very concerned about all the thrashing and disstress she seemed to be in.

Praying she continues to improve!
default_pray.gif
Congrats to the owners on the new filly.

Latest posts

Back