Rules on AMHR Youth Costume Class?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosaroca

Reaction score
A little girl that I teach is showing at her first AMHR Nationals this year and has a question that I can't answer. Does anyone who accompanies her as part of her entry have to be a Youth and do they have to be qualified for Nationals? Originally, her parents and grandparents were going to dress up and show with her in Youth Costume, but we've since learned that that's against the rules. So, another student of mine, who has never shown in AMHR so is not qualified for Nationals, wants to show with her, leading her second horse (who is qualified). Is this allowed?

Any help would be appreciated. We certainly don't want to get her disqualified for breaking the rules.

Pat

Pat,

Is the other youth already entered in any of the youth classes? If not, I don't think there is any post entering of youth. You would probably have to find a youth that is already entered in the show to help with the costume. The entry is in the name of the horse anyway.

Karen

[SIZE=14pt]Pat, [/SIZE]

The extra YOUTH that make up the entry do NOT have to qualifiy !!! Only the chlid wearing the number has to qualify. There can NOT be any adults as part of the costume.. We do allow a adult to walk with the entry if there are safety issues..

Thanks! That was what I was hoping. The little girl who will be helping is SO excited and I was afraid of having to disappoint her.

See you all in a week or so!

Pat

Back