ROLL CALL!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frekles93

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Whos all going???? I AM!!! I was going to go to the one in Carthage also but the price of gas may keep me home. Anyone not going due to gas???[/SIZE]

April

We plan to be there with 7 horses/ponies. Tried to talk hubby into taking 2 less, but he wants to show them, so 7 it is :new_shocked:

Angie

We'll be there with Corona, Sera and Buck (modern pleasure pony)!! But we are sharing fuel expenses with another farm by putting all the horses on one trailer. It's just ridiculous!!!

[SIZE=14pt]I wish I could find someone to go with me and share the cost.... I am hoping that I can byt the time the July shows rolls around. Dont believe I will be going to the Carthage one. Just cant handle the moolah is is taking... although I DID find gas for the bargain basement price of 3.15 yesterday and filled up LOL[/SIZE]

April

[SIZE=14pt]Well all packed up and ready to go!! I will leave after work tomorrow. Going to bath the monster there so I can use their hot H2O. Gas has been going DOWN all week. Just went down to 3.07 before I left town - was 3.09 this AM. Hope it stays long enough for me to fill up in the morning on my way to work. [/SIZE]

ANGIE and STARRIDGE... when are you planning on being there? I would like to meet you...

April

Just wondering if anyone has the results from this show yet?

Thanks!

I had a GREAT time! :aktion033: We only had classes on Saturday so we're already home. I got to meet April (Hi April! :saludando: ) from MO and Angie (Hi Angie! :saludando: ) from IL. I also saw people from LTD, Fingland, Lightening Tree, Mother Nature's, Sugar Lake, AVS, Coyote Creek plus a bunch of others I can't recall right now. There was one family that came all the way from Oregon!!! Plus there were a TON of new people that I saw which is always great!!!

The judges were Adam Longman and Marvin McCabe and I have NEVER been to or heard of a show where the judges were so CONSISTENTLY in agreement. It was amazing! The announcer was constantly saying "both judges do agree" and the winner is... It was really nice. And when a horse won it was because it was the best horse in that class that day. When our horses got beat, I could look at the winning horse and see why. It was refreshing.

I don't have all the results because I can barely keep track of my own while showing!
default_wacko.png
: They will be posted on the AMHR website in a couple of weeks I'm sure.

As for our results, our stallion Corona swept Model, Am Halter, open and Sr. Champion!!!! In the Grand class he got nothing under Adam and Reserve Grand under Marvin. We were tickled!!!! Not bad for a 27.5" little guy that's 7 years old and still not really in show shape! Our filly Sera took both 2nds in Am loosing both times to Lisa Davis, so I wasn't too disappointed by that! She had no competition in yearling mares, so that doesn't count and she got nothing in Jr. Champ, but we're still pleased!!!!! :aktion033:

Good times, great people!!

Hi Parmela, :saludando:

It was nice to meet you there. Sorry I didn't get to meet April. I agree, the judges did think alike in most cases. We had a good time and got worn out. We have been home about 1 1/2 hours now. We were really proud of our little yearling mare that went Grand with both judges in Foundation mares. We have a couple of kids that started showing this year and we spent a lot of time with them. They each have picked out an over and an under gelding and are really excited.

Well, need to finish unpacking and get a bath (not that I would need one after a day at the show barns. :bgrin )

Angie

[SIZE=14pt]Hey Parmela!!! I made it home about 4 PM Sunday. Man was I wore out. I sure did learn some more do's for the next show. I guess I will TRY to razor for the July show. Lisa was going to show me on her boys but the board member meeting took a little longer then they expected.... and I was tired. Need to find some of those puzzle mats for next time! It was pouring and I couldnt paint Bits feet! Man was I freaking out LOL.....[/SIZE]

April

Latest posts

Back