River Rose Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_risa8.gif
now you have me all excited Terry with that promising update
default_risa8.gif
not long to wait now.
default_thumbup.gif

I am sending prayers your way for a safe and easy birth
default_pray.gif

She is still pregnant but very uncomfortable, she's laying down for short sessions, stretching, and something I've not seen before in a heavy mare, she is stretching her head and neck out while laying down. If she was doing this while standing I would think she needs her teeth floated, as that is what it looks like, but she was checked last fall and her teeth are fine, knock on wood. She is also voiding small amounts, but it is formed, not cow patties, and is spending more time in her stall when usually she stays out all day, as she usually hates being in. Nipples are still not pointing down, but I'm pleased with her udder, as last time she foaled she hardly any. I'm still waitning on her to completely soften in the girly area. Sorry this update is late, had to go to town this morning for feed, for humans and horses! I'm also getting lots of error messages on this machine, hope it holds up, as I don't want to leave Dutchess to go to my youngest daughters to use her computer. We'll see, Thanks for the encouragement.

This all sounds very promising
default_smile.png
I bet you will have a baby to play with soon. Prayers and hugs coming your way from far away Italy (((((())))))

gorgeous mare! I hope she gives you a beautiful little foal very soon! praying for a safe delivery and healthy mum and baby!

wish we could help you watch you must be exhausted... hang in there shouldn't be too much longer now by the sounds of it
default_smile.png

Hi Cassie, I'm not exhausted just yet, I have her on camera so I can watch from the house, and two people to help me watch, we take turns. Hoping for tomorrow as there is going to be a full moon.

We have a colt! Born last night at 11:30 and I almost missed it. We looked like the three stooges all running around putting on shoes and coats. Normal delivery, thank goodness, all I had to do was remove the sack from the head and towel off. Of course I had to muck out the stall. Foal is very healthy and found the milk bar right away. Dutchess is having a hard third stage I gave her a dose of banamine last night and another this morning as she was still rolling. I also gave her some antacid, might give her some tagamint later if she still acts off. I did take a few pictures, but with my computer issues I can't load them. My youngest daughter spends most of her Sundays at church, but I'll call her and see if she can come take a few and load them from her computer to photobucket. Oh he is all legs and already running and bucking around mom.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! Congrats!!! I can hardly wait for photos! What color is he?!

default_new_multi.gif
That is wonderful news Terry
default_new_multi.gif
I am so glad all went well
default_firstprize.gif
Come on what colour is he??? We need pics
default_please.gif
Tell your daughter we won't stop hounding you until we have seen baby
default_smokesmile.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

He is not just cute, he is beautiful! I can't wait for ya'll to see his pictures! He is black, of course since Mom is EE and she can only produce black or black and white, and he has about three white hairs on his forhead, Daddy always puts them there. His pedigree includes three crosses to Gold Melody Boy, Roan Ranger, NFC Sugar Boy, Boones Buckaroo, Little KIngs Black Velvet and his sire is our own Champion of Champions, Lucky Four Sugar Boys Sundowner. I know I'm bragging, but if I can get the money together this boy is going to the World. My next to the youngest daughter took some pics on her phone and she is stopping by my youngest daughters to see if they can transfer them to her computer, then Crystal will upload them to photobucket for me, yeah, I really want to share, cuase I'm so excited!

I sort of neglected him last night as I was so worried about Dutchess. I have the need to write evrything down all the time, or I forget. Last foal she had for me she had a difficult third stage, so I was sorta ready for this one, but she was so miserable, poor girl. She has rolled and laid down even after her first dose of banimine, she was much more comfortable after her second dose this morning, and now she is so much better. In fact, at first I thought we had a filly, I picked the foal up to treat the navel and felt around and didn't find a little boy part and it was wiggling so much I didn't check the hind. Well this morning he was running around with his flag up and there was only a poop shoot! Still haven't seen him urinate, but the other end works fine.

I took them out for an hour this afternoon as I feel it is important for mare and foal to get some exercise and sun shine. Took some pics., still having problems with my computer and haven't heard yet from Crystal on her uploads, hopfully you can see he is black and healthy.

default_new_rofl.gif
poop shoot
default_new_rofl.gif
I have never heard this "technical" term. Terry he is just absolutely gorgeous, you must be over the moon.

Thank you to both of your daughters for posting the pic for us to
default_drool5.gif

You are lucky I am so far away cos otherwise I might sneak over in the dark and steal a few of your furry chips
default_wub.png

I am so glad Dutchess is feeling better now and I am sending
default_pray.gif
that she feels her usual good self asap

Hugs Renee

Oh many many congratulations Terry - I'm so thrilled for you - he's just gorgeous.
default_thumbup.gif

So glad it all went well with the foaling and I hope clever Dutchess will soon be feeling fully recovered. Thanks for the picture - we would love to see more when it can be organised.
default_yes.gif

An update and a question. Dutchess is feeling like her old self and is still a little off of her grain, she is eating it all, just not gulping it down. I've been taking them outside for a couple of hours everyday for exercise and some sun, but the wind is so cold that I can't leave them out. I do have a heat lamp up in their stall, and put a blanket on the colt last night which he got off, HAHA.

Question: I haven't had a colt here in years but do remember that they drop their penis for urinating. I've seen him go, but not drop his, do any of you remember at about what age?

My daughter is coming this evening and I'm going to get her to hold him so I can make sure his stump is closed and no urine is coming from that. My vet says if he is going that way to apply alcohol twice a day and call her if it is so she can keep an eye on it, and to watch for him to act ill. Right now he is frisky and running and bucking and eating like a horse.

Latest posts

Back