rhubarb and sweet potatoe ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Anybody got any good rhubarb recipes? Sweet Potatoes- I am making them into baby food, do I make them like normal potatoes?

Hi-- I don't have any recipes but lots of ideas

Rhubarb--

Pies, Cobblers/ Crumbles, Bars-- like a date square

Sweet Potatoes--

-Cut into chunks, boil till soft and put into a cassarole dish with melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add marshmallows to the top

- Make into fries-- cut into "fry" pieces and bake in the oven for 20-30 min around 400, tossed with oil

- Roast along with carrots, onions, parsnips, etc

Ashley I already told you I don't think you are suppossed to eat rhubarb! ugh, yuck, phooey!!! LOL

Terri, you are a southerner you dont know what is good for you
default_smile.png
Have you tried my brownies yet?

I LOVE eating raw rhubarb...dipped in sugar, of course! I also like stewed/canned rhubarb, and rhubarb pie. My favorite rhubarb pie is Rhubarb Custard....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh no beans in my brownies please!

Since I am southern have you tried frying rhubarb LMAO

That doesnt even sound good!!!! Ick. I used to eat rhubarb alot as a kid, but then again I also ate cow tongue back then and I dont eat that anymore......

My mother mixed rhubarb with strawberries to make a pie and also jelly. Sweet potatoes can be cooked like reg potatoes and are better for you.

My Mom makes a rhubarb sauce (not exactly sure what she does to make it though....) and puts it over sponge cake and vanilla ice cream...very yummy!!!
default_smile.png

She also makes an awesome rhubarb pie with a custard 'base' to it. And some type of coffee cake with rhubarb in it which is very good too....I can see if I can dig up some recipes!

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back