Returm of a Former Member~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyuukai

Reaction score
I return!

I had joined this forum a number of years ago when I bought my first mini. We kind of fell away from the community in her yearling year as she was just bumpin around a pasture being a horse for that time period. And most of her two year old year she didn't do a whole lot either.. but now she is three (fully three in april)!

We still haven't gotten her papers in
wacko.gif
As we really ran into some money troubles when I badly hurt my back, however we hope to fix that with the tax returns this year if at all possible. We had read once that we wouldn't be able to send them in if her breeders had left the AMHR and we are afraid that is what has happened. However, we have been progressing with her training swimmingly and hopefully sometime this year will be purchasing a cart for her first hitch!

For the mini - the important part! She is now around 36 inches (last measure was on uneven ground with her standing like a fool so we will be re-measuring soon I hope) and we are pleased as punch with how she turned out! Her coloring is still a bit of a mystery to us. She seems smokey black sometimes and bay other times, she roans out more one year than the next, and she still carries a skunk tail. I swear she grew some spots underneath her belly in her second winter! Her eyes are still slightly blue in the light.

She seems to have grown into less of the arab type and more of a good working horse type, and that is fine with us! We are in love with the shape of her neck and shoulder, and though we wish she were a bit less cow-hocked it does not interfere with her way of going and we are thankful for that.

p00546.jpg

^ The mare in question after being turned out on a huge grassy pasture and not being worked at all. I am beyond thankful that she is not a piggy pony!
wub.gif
And please note that I am an extremely short person and she is not like 13hh lol

At any rate, I'm glad to be back as I really missed the advice on this community! Even if I didn't post alot formerly I learned quite a bit just from lurking through the threads! This place really is a wealth of information, especially for the spouse and I who don't have access to mini trainers/breeders/owners in reality!

She is *lovely*!!! Except for the roaning/spots you mentioned, she reminds me of our Izzy who looks smokey black most of the time, but she has black legs from the knees down. Her full sister is a silver bay so I wonder sometimes if Izzy isn't a bay herself.

Welcome back to you and your girl!
default_saludando.gif

That nose looks so kissable!
default_yes.gif

I agree, I pictured what a nice strong driving horse she would be!

Thank you again! I am so glad that you guys think she will be a good harness horse, too! I'm really excited to get her started in that, the more she matures the more I am sure that it's her calling! She has a really long ground-covering stride too, it's going to be a dream to roam around with her!

You're going to have so much fun driving, and so is she! Be sure to come hang out over on the LB Driving forum -- lots of great information. I look forward to seeing more photos and hearing about your adventures.

I have been stalking! I will try and find some pictures of her ground driving and lunging to post in the 'in training' thread! She is pretty old hat at ground driving haha. We started 'driving' her to and from her pasture as a yearling just to get her used to things behind her and how to respond to the bit!

Welcome back and your mare is turning out very nice! Hope you can get her papers and I agree- she would look mighty fine in harness! Pretty girl
default_yes.gif

Thank you both as well
default_smile.png
I think she's beautiful as well but of course I am biased
wub.gif

REO's comment made me think about how soft and cute her nose was. I found this picture from her second winter (yearling going on 2yo) We have so many pictures like this! She loves a camera and can tell when you are taking a picture or just texting on your phone. If she even THINKS you may be taking a picture she does this!
new_shocked.gif
Such a ham haha

img0112im.jpg

Latest posts

Back